3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NCPR Story on ORDA Representation

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
Didn't know where to put this, but I saw this pop up on my News Feed today:

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/19795/20120507/in-orda-transition-advocates-worry-that-gore-mt-could-get-quot-short-changed-quot

Quote:

When the DEC and ORDA finalize their transition, Belleayre will be sending two members to the ORDA Board, one each from Delaware and Ulster counties. And one of them will become the board’s second vice chair.

Right now, Robert Flacke is the only Warren County resident on the ORDA Board, and there’s room for one more, according to Mike Bowers, a co-chairman of the North Creek Business Alliance.

“I’d like to see some more representation there because I’d like to see someone come in there while Bob is still active so that we can continue to follow suit with what we’ve been doing. I still want quality. I don’t want to have somebody appointed that has no idea what we’re actually doing here.”
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NCPR Story on ORDA Representation

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
Didn't know where to put this...
Matt, thanks for posting. I'm giving this story it's own thread.  The quote in the story by Mike ... he doesn't seem concerned that Gore would be neglected.  I actually asked him this question when we spoke two weeks ago.  He said then he wasn't worried.  It is interesting that the Bell members are assigned by county. Bell is in Ulster, but close to Delaware County.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NCPR Story on ORDA Representation

ausable skier
This post was updated on .
Is 2nd vice chair sort of like being deputy dog???

It seems to me the reason that Delaware county has its own ORDA rep is to keep Bell from dumping tickets on the market to the detriment of Plattkill
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.