New Book - Lost Ski Areas of the Northern Adirondacks!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Book - Lost Ski Areas of the Northern Adirondacks!

nelsap
Hi everybody,

I am excited to announce that a fourth book on Lost Ski Areas, this time covering the Northern Adirondacks, is presently being researched/written and will be out late summer or early fall, 2014! This book will be very similar to the Southern Adirondacks book, and will be published by The History Press.

Research has just begun, but there are already interesting discoveries and historic photos uncovered.

If you have anything to contribute, please let me know. I'm looking for photos, trails maps, stories, newspaper articles, etc.

The book will cover the area from Ticonderoga w'ward to the edge of the Adirondacks and north to Canada. The exact western edge has not been determined yet.

In addition, there will be some exciting changes coming to the NELSAP.org website in the next few months!

Please like our Facebook Page:

http://www.facebook.com/lostskiareasofthenorthernadirondacks

Jeremy
Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Book - Lost Ski Areas of the Northern Adirondacks!

Harvey
Administrator
Like and Liked!

JD if you have an image like the one on the Adirondack Ski Areas page, PM me.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

nelsap
Hi Harvey...no book cover yet....won't be for a year or so. But will let you know, and thanks for the likes!
Jeremy Davis Founder, New England / NorthEast Lost Ski Areas Project www.nelsap.org
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Jeremy, Better not show up in Tupper Lake. Heard that the ACR crowd is not happy about having Big Tupper featured on the Facebook homepage. But it is appropriate.
Reply | Threaded
|

nelsap
Sorry to hear that the picture on the cover may not have been the best one. In the book, I will be more focusing on what a special place Big Tupper was...including my own very positive experiences there.  The photo was taken the first year that the area was being restored, and I thought it was a neat photo...a half open open ski area at that point. The volunteers had done a great job restoring Chair 2 and associated trails, and would later restore the most of the rest of the trails. As lost ski areas go, that season was extremely unique to have both an operational side of a former lost area, along with the rest which had not yet been restored.

I changed the cover photo to Marble Mountain which is a neat shot too, of the T-bar.

Thanks,
Jeremy