No more plastic bags in NY state in supermarket

46 messages Options
Brownski Brownski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: No more plastic bags in NY state in supermarket

Yeah, I’ve picked up promotional branded bags at work also. I made a point of collecting together a half dozen of them a month or so ago and put them in a spot they’d be easy to grab on the way out the door. Of course I came home the other day to find a certain person had bought a new one from shoprite anyway.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Yo, Americans, this is not rocket science. PeeTex is clearly ahead of the curve.

Up here in Hinterlandia, most grocery stores have been charging for plastic bags for several years now ($0.05 per, OMG), and the liquor store only provides paper (or a re-purposed box if you are buying n bulk). Like us, most folks drive around with a good supply of cheap/free tote bags in the back of the car. You end up collecting them, we probably have 20 or so spread between two vehicles. Plus we have these handy plastic bins one store offered a few years ago. Walking, riding a bike or taking the bus? Bring your tote bags with you or get the super-lightweight ones that roll up small and fit in your pocket. Forget your bags? Suck it up and pay the nickel. Use the the bag for poop and scoop later. No bags in the store? Walk back to the car and get them.

Even though we have bottle-specific totes for booze, I get the paper bags because they make excellent firestarters for the woodstove. Re-use!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
wonderpony wonderpony
Reply |

D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

This is funny.
Grocery store's plan to discourage shoppers from using plastic bags completely backfired
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
ScottySkis1 ScottySkis1
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottySkis1
ScottySkis1 wrote
Try to go shopping without a car
Impossible
I might taken plastic shopping bags which in Binghamto siperm art it yesterday who knows the Dutch
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Ok, I’ve only had to fill my pockets and carry the rest in a big pile  one time. I’ve noticed I’m making more smaller grocery trips. I think I’m subconsciously afraid of exceeding my canvas bags’ carrying capacity. And it’s possible I’m trending toward more packaged products because I don’t have confidence in my bags’ cleanliness- also subconsciously. Gonna have to get over that I guess.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

I constantly forget my bags in the car, so I have to just wheel the whole cart of loose groceries out there, fill the bags up by the car, then return the cart.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
I constantly forget my bags in the car, so I have to just wheel the whole cart of loose groceries out there, fill the bags up by the car, then return the cart.
Did that yesterday