This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NoMo

poindexter
Gore is reporting 13" of new snow- were they using some creative measuring techniques? We had 20" down here in Long Island. I wish we could ship some of this up north!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
poindexter wrote
13" of new snow
New math.  Seriously this is new.

I don't see how you could be disappointed in this storm. Yea it was hyped as more, and we could certainly use more. But... what we got was PERFECT.  At least at Gore. Will have to read up on the Cats, Greek and WF.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Harv, the storm was just run of the mill for the Mt's ..It should have been a season changer a "Valentines Day Storm"..

"Peace and Love"
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
harv, now you're wearing the beer goggles. a six inch storm is ok. perfect would have been 18 inches plus. the woods were skied out by about noon on saturday. there a lot of little widow-makers poking through. BTW, anyone have any info why the orange netting was blocking the entrance of a favorite off map glade?. was there an incident/accident? rode chair sunday with a skier who had been at whiteface friday and saturday. it sounded like the place to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
frk wrote
harv, now you're wearing the beer goggles. a six inch storm is ok. perfect would have been 18 inches plus. the woods were skied out by about noon on saturday. there a lot of little widow-makers poking through. BTW, anyone have any info why the orange netting was blocking the entrance of a favorite off map glade?. was there an incident/accident? rode chair sunday with a skier who had been at whiteface friday and saturday. it sounded like the place to be.
LOL. Haven't you read Harvey's Disclaimer?

What I was trying to say was that the consistently of what fell was perfect.  Not blower, but no mank at all.  I stuck to the trails on Friday and went for low angle stuff Saturday and Sunday and found tons of great ignored snow.  Sunday was real deal.

Orange netting = new sheriff in town.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Saturday at Greek Peak was easily one of the best days this year - although that's not saying a lot when you think about it.

As usual, GP saw fit to groom a lot of that nice powder .  But the first few runs down skier's left of Iliad were great, with a legitimate 10" from that storm.  Got a couple runs down Olympian before that became scraped down to nothing -- that 10" was on top basically nothing so it was easy to find the bottom.  Was nice sugary powder though.  Skiers right on Fields was excellent all day. By the tiem I got over to Zeus it was totally skied off - partially because the wind had scoured the headwall pretty clean.  Hercules never opened - wind scour.

The glades off of Ch 2 - had one of the first few runs through there, and did a few laps until it got really scrapey. Same off Ch 5.  That bottom trail under Ch5 was barren by the time I got t here, but people were skiing the dirt/snow mixture anyway.

By 12:30 it was getting really windy, cold, and crowded on the front side so it was time to head home.  

Need a repeat soon.