Nordic skinny ski Quiver..

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nordic skinny ski Quiver..

Telemark Dave
Hey MikeK...  This is for you. Peter Minde too.  Family's XC quiver, classic and skate.  Actually there's another 4 or 5 pair kicking around, in cars or on loan , etc.   Oldest skis are the pink Fischer RCS Classics, 1988.  A bit de cambered, but still used.  Coolest ones (IMHO) are the Kneissel Ergo Skates.  They actually have a sidecut on one side, so there's a left/right ski.
They don't like being double poled in tracks as they turn inwards and drag..  Where they rock is skate skiing out on a lake, or through the woods on spring corn.   Strange but true.  The new Fischer Speed Max's and Carbon lites are my sons (Nordic racer head).  

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nordic skinny ski Quiver..

MikeK
Banned User
Whoa, cool!  Do all those skis together add up to the width of one Charger?

I'm not much of a track ski guy.  I've actually never had a pair.  Closest thing I had were a set of 215cm wax touring skis.  Now my longest ski is 200cm, and that's just for maneuverability in the bush.  I found that's my limit.  And even then sometimes I get tangled up
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nordic skinny ski Quiver..

Telemark Dave
Ha!  Actually I I think that it takes at least 3 trackset skis at about 45mm to equal a Charger.  It takes a poop load of wax to do a pair of fatty skis...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.