classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
39 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Not PowdieAss approved

Glade Runner
Banned User
As of yesterday they got 21 inches in the last 7 days.  Anyone know how much snow Song is sitting on for Friday?
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
The tully area received 24-30 inches total...there should be quite a bit there!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Guess I'll be there then.  Thanks.  They have been closed since Sunday so should be real good, ungroomed and uncrowded.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

Good call on Song!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Some of those photos don't  PASS
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
The pics under the chair lift on the trail look fantastic! Woods clearly don't have enough snow cover. How many gauges in the base?
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
It's hard to gauge gouges.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Snowballs wrote
It's hard to gauge gouges.
 Who really cares anyway. You just fix them with peetex. This dude whines about every aspect of skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
The pics under the chair lift on the trail look fantastic! Woods clearly don't have enough snow cover. How many gauges in the base?
None on 127 width fully rockered skis
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
 How many gauges in the base?
Gauges? What gauges? We ain't got no gauges! We don't need no stinkin gauges!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User

This was the busiest the parking lot got all day.

I think Powder Assassin would like Song because they keep costs down on things like grooming, improvements and even saving money on padding the lift towers by using local hay.

The T bar line is always fun hitting pow and dodging t bars.  Anyone know why they never run this?  Never seen it ran and I've had a season pass here one year.  Would be nice to service the steep side of the mountain.  It's not bad getting there but, a hike back to the lift.  Then again it helps preserve the fresh snow longer.

And then my snowboard buddy doing some powder rails.  

I think that might be Powder Assassin.

Blasting pow in the woods on the steep side.

Some deep tracks.

Not too rode up for the end of the day.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This should be a song tr.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Is your buddy snorting snow off that rail? That can't be safe, brain freeze, at least. Yet another hazard on the hill. Nice pics, wish they said yes when I asked to leave this morning. Another nice score, kudos.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Cornhead wrote
Is your buddy snorting snow off that rail? That can't be safe, brain freeze, at least. Yet another hazard on the hill. Nice pics, wish they said yes when I asked to leave this morning. Another nice score, kudos.
Yes, he needs an intervention.  Not recommended.  It was funny watching the lifty for the bunny hill looking up like wtf when he did that.

I used to score lots of powder there the year I had the $99 pass.  I think a lot of people pass this place up.  But, I like it for a lot of the reasons people hate it.  I remember dropping out of some unmarked woods that year and ski patrol just giving me the thumbs up.  

There will be plenty more powder.  I feel like it is my mission this season to show Powder Assassin how much powder can be had after all the dissing he does about the east coast.  That's 4 days on over a foot (most substantially more) of fresh out of 9 days riding this season.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Wow GR, you got a great run going already this season. Anybody else slaying it like that ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Snowballs wrote
Wow GR, you got a great run going already this season. Anybody else slaying it like that ?
  I just met GR Sunday in Trax bar at Greek, our resumes this season are almost identical sans this day at Song, and I was an inch away from being able to join him there, kinda spooky. Anyone who is willing to leave town at 4am, drive 240 miles on shitty roads to ski a foot of dense, heavy snow in the trees at K all day, drive 240 miles on shitty roads home, and the icing on the cake, stop at Brook's on the way home, is alright in my book. As Rick said to Louis in the final scene of Casablanca, "GR, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cornhead wrote
Snowballs wrote
  I just met GR Sunday in Trax bar at Greek, our resumes this season are almost identical sans this day at Song, and I was an inch away from being able to join him there, kinda spooky. Anyone who is willing to leave town at 4am, drive 240 miles on shitty roads to ski a foot of dense, heavy snow in the trees at K all day, drive 240 miles on shitty roads home, and the icing on the cake, stop at Brook's on the way home, is alright in my book. As Rick said to Louis in the final scene of Casablanca, "GR, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
TELL IT BROTHA.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Thanks for making the connection possible Harv, I've met and skied with so many great people over the last couple years through Harvey Road, and Alpine Zone, so glad I stopped being a lurker and joined the party.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
What a nice TR. Was thinking about going to McCauley today - opening day and a ton of snow, although I think they were open last weekend ahead of schedule. Don't know Song, but if you hum a few bars maybe I can figure it out...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.