Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ORDA Blows It Again

Highpeaksdrifter
Benny Profane wrote
Big D wrote
freeheeln wrote
oh stop it.  Mike Pratt and Howie Carbone have been working in the ski business a  long time. we should  trust their judgement.no monday morning quarterbacking please. its the end of april and we are still skiing.
Gore is going to open, next Sat. & Sun. 4/20 and 4/21.

The Skiing at Gore was just great today, Sun. 4/14/13

a couple of pics from Sun. 4/14

This is what I was talking about. You don't even need a webcam. Just send somebody out every day, which, hey, isn't too hard, and have them take pictures. And none of those pictures of smily people carving it up on a certain trail, hucking a rock or knee deep in powder. Just a realistic representation of conditions. No offense, but, a little better quality than these, so I can see a little more detail in the snow texture. But, these are cool, don't get me wrong. They make me feel real bad i wasn't there, although I had a nice road ride back home.
All your posts seem to be complaints.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
oh stop it.  Mike Pratt and Howie Carbone have been working in the ski business a  long time. we should  trust their judgement.no monday morning quarterbacking please. its the end of april and we are still skiing.
Exactly, there are always alot of fantasy GMs on ski forums, which is fine. As in any business there are things that happen behind the scenes that force decisions that the general public doesn't know about and in alot of cases might not understand if they did.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
wow!  You should really be embarrassed for yourself....  

WF will be open next weekend.  So, you should come up and buy a round at the bar for all the people that worked so hard to make this another great year.
Right on bro. I didn't cu Sunday. Five inches of fresh on top...it was rip roaring good.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Benny Profane wrote
Big D wrote
freeheeln wrote
Gore is going to open, next Sat. & Sun. 4/20 and 4/21.

The Skiing at Gore was just great today, Sun. 4/14/13

a couple of pics from Sun. 4/14

This is what I was talking about. You don't even need a webcam. Just send somebody out every day, which, hey, isn't too hard, and have them take pictures. And none of those pictures of smily people carving it up on a certain trail, hucking a rock or knee deep in powder. Just a realistic representation of conditions. No offense, but, a little better quality than these, so I can see a little more detail in the snow texture. But, these are cool, don't get me wrong. They make me feel real bad i wasn't there, although I had a nice road ride back home.

There does seem to be a clearly discernable pattern.  

There was 5" up top yesterday?  Nice.  Wish I had made it over.  Went for a ride instead.  I think SJ skied Marcy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Highpeaksdrifter wrote

And your avatar is ugly. So there.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Benny Profane wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote

That hurts, cause I thought I looked good back then.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
And all your posts are whinny and your avatar makes you look like your on the bowl...
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Right on bro. I didn't cu Sunday. Five inches of fresh on top...it was rip roaring good.
we skied Marcy.  couple inches fresh and at least five feet on the summit still!  it was a great day to be up there.

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
 your avatar makes you look like your on the bowl...

Actually, I am on the bowl, but, not the same bowl you are implying I am on.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Snowhunter
Snowhunter wrote
I'm sorry that you guys don't see it as I do.  As to servers being down that is one thing, a specific notice regarding planned maintenance is another.  
They still have those funny old fashion things at Orda called Phones.  You dial 518 946 2223 and someone at the other answers Whiteface Mt - Good Morning - how can I help you.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
wow---to have that idle of a mind to get upset about a website being down and then to write an email complaining about it. hopefully you used an alias to save a bit of dignity.