Ok Boomer

31 messages Options
marznc marznc
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Ok Boomer

witch hobble wrote
. . . it’s really just from having a college kid and a high school kid (gen zers) and trying to stay aware.....if not necessarily relevant.
Yep, having a kid in college changes perspective . . . even for a Boomer.  I'll be over 65 when she graduates in a few years.  Makes her a bit jealous how much time I spend on ski trips since most of her schoolmates have parents who are working full-time and have to use vacation days just to do pick up duty.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Ok Boomer memes all over IG now

witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

Last week I was hip, this week it’s all over the place.  I was just a week ahead of you guys.

Reminds me of a snowboarding joke from the 90s:

Q: What’s the difference between a snowboard instructor and their student?

A: About 3 days.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

witch hobble wrote
Last week I was hip, this week it’s all over the place.  I was just a week ahead of you guys.

Reminds me of a snowboarding joke from the 90s:

HA! How have I not heard that one before? It's awesome.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
Yeah, I think that’s about when I first heard it too and it’s already lame. I’ve never seen something go from clever/cool to completely played out in a shorter amount of time. Millennials really know how to ruin shit fast. Fucking millennials
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Speak for yourself Brownski, some of us are still living our best hot girl summer ever!
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote

That's great!!! I never heard that one either. Sure wish I had that one in my back pocket during my time at Smuggs. One of our house mate was a board instructor.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

My teenagers have been throwing Boomer at me for going on probably six months now.  Never found it amusing or clever, although they probably weren’t using it in the most appropriate manner!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

When I first saw it as a headline to an article 3 weeks or so ago, my first thought was Boomer Esiason?  Then, I read the article and found it amusing and clever.  But, it is nothing more than another way of saying that there has always been and always will be a clash between generations.