Oktoberfest at Whiteface

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oktoberfest at Whiteface

Highpeaksdrifter
It’s this weekend Oct. 2 & 3. It’s always a good time with music, food, activities and of course beer. The main reason I look forward to it so much is because I have some friends and acquaintances that I don’t see much of, if at all, during the off season and I’ll get a chance to catch up with them there. We talk about skiing, skis, the coming season and all things WF. It just gets my juices flowing even more.

Anyone here plan on going?

http://www.whiteface.com/summer/events/octoberfest.php
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Oktoberfest at Whiteface

MC2 5678F589
In.  Probably going on Saturday.  Might be Mountain Biking early and then beer drinking in the afternoon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Some pics from Sat.

The deck about noon. The sun was in and out all day.

Vendors selling their wares, gondola ride, on top of the hill you can see the kid’s rides.

In the big tent umpa bands played all day and dancers danced.

I messed up this shot cause you can’t see the bottoms of their giant alpine horns. These guys were like rock stars at Oct. fest. They came into the CS lounge to play when the band was on break and lots of pretty girls rushed up to put their arms around these guys and have their picture taken with them.

One of my friends asked them about their horns. One guy said they are made in Switzerland and range in cost from $2,500 - $6,000.

I didn’t take any other pictures the rest of the day, but there was a lot more to do, especially for kids. I haven’t heard any numbers yet, but it seemed very well attended. The weather Sunday was perfect ADK autumn so I’m sure the turnout was good that day too. In summary it was a great time.

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I was also there on Saturday.  Lots of fun.  Did a lot more Mountain Biking than beer drinking, but still had a couple of Spatens, some Knockwurst and some sightseeing time at the top (cold).  Good times.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bigSPb3V4zc