Oobleck hitting New York and Vermont today!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oobleck hitting New York and Vermont today!

Sick Bird Rider
I thought the HR forecasters might enjoy this. A good customer from Cleveland area emailed me recently and referred to a big green blob on the weather radar over northern Ohio as an "Oobleck." There was even an "Oobleck Warning" on his local weather forecast. I thought this was some high-tech weather term I had never heard of, so asked him "what is an Oobleck?"

The image below is his reply.

According to the HR weather radar, the Northeast is being hit by an Oobleck right now:

I can hardly wait for the Snowbleck!

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bluebleck hitting New York and Vermont Sunday!

Harvey
Administrator
Sick Bird Rider wrote
There was even an "Oobleck Warning" on his local weather forecast.
Bartholomew and the Oobleck was an important part of my childhood. Actually this could be a new approach to Harvey Road weather reporting. We have this rule about not using the R word from November through April. OK I have the rule. Our real meteorologist JasonWx  will call em as he sees em. Anyway, we have developed code to communicate the concept of unfrozen precip to avoid using the R word. NCP, NAIR, R**N are a few acceptable choices.

BUT ... we could go with:

OOBLECK!

Sick Bird Rider wrote
I can hardly wait for the Snowbleck!
FYI on the Harvey Road NY Radar Snowbleck = Bluebleck!

Found some NWS stoke. First time I've seen Bluebleck mention by NWS BTV this season:

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
158 PM EDT THU SEP 30 2010

LONG TERM SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY

AS OF 452 AM EDT THURS ... blah blah ooohbleck ... blah blah ... TEMPS MAY BE COLD ENOUGH FOR SNOW SHOWERS OVER THE NORTHERN HIGHER TERRAIN ZONES LATER SATURDAY NIGHT/EARLY SUNDAY....
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
There are some nice folks from Georgia who cottage on Oxtongue Lake, where my workplace is. They refer to r**ny days as "silver days." I quite like that description and it sounds even better with a southern drawl.

BTW, got the snow tires installed on the truck today, we are ready. Honestly, it's a bit early, even by my paranoid standards, but had to get the brakes fixed so it seemed to make sense.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt

Get the snowguns ready!