Ostego Club, Gaylord, Mi 1/18/20

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ostego Club, Gaylord, Mi 1/18/20

Mi Skier
With a forecast of 6-10 inches of snow falling Friday late night into Saturday afternoon my buddy Jim and I loaded up his pickup truck camper and made the 3 hour drive north to Gaylord. After stopping for a sandwich and a couple of beers we pulled in the parking lot around 11 and we set up the camper and right after we got done the snow started to fall. Also it was 18 degrees out so this would be a true powder.
We got up at 7 to start breakfast and we had gotten around 4-5 inches of snow and it was still coming down at a good clip
We booted up and we were skiing by 9. It looked like only ski patrol had been and maybe a few others. There was fresh powder everywhere.
Ostego what is a private club to a few years ago and the word still isn’t out about Being open to the public Lift lines are pretty much nonexistent and there’s plenty of powder stashes for the whole day

One very cool part about this place is a still kept the charm like it’s a club and very well-maintained

In the end they got about 8 inches of snow and it was just another fun day on a Michigan mole hill
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ostego Club, Gaylord, Mi 1/18/20

Brownski
I need a camper setup like that. I’m Having a hard time convincing a certain person that the bed of my truck is a safe place to sleep. A propane furnace and a proper lock on the door might do the trick
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
It’s no different than a travel trailer. There is a carbon monoxide detector and a heat sensor. We keep the thermostat around 50 at night for sleeping so the furnace doesn’t run that often

Brownski wrote
I need a camper setup like that. I’m Having a hard time convincing a certain person that the bed of my truck is a safe place to sleep. A propane furnace and a proper lock on the door might do the trick
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
I like the wooden seats surrounding the circular fireplace!