classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pebble Creek ID 02/16/2019

nepa
This post was updated on .
Left Ogden on the 15th, and headed North for Pocatelo ID.  Pebble Creek is a sleeper spot about 30 minutes from Pocatelo.  They had reported 72 inches of new snow over the past 10 days.  3 lifts and 2200 vertical feet... it seemed like a great Mom and Pop stop.  

We were not disappointed.  Uncrowded, and ultra friendly.  We lapped the Skyline chair, making short traverses to ski untracked sidecountry lines all day.  If you like small ski areas, you'll love Pebble Creek.

Summit Chair

Base Lodge

The snowboard needed a rest... borrowed West Side Weave's QSTs for the day... Today was a Quiver Killer confirmation for me.

Quick Traverse...

to Sweet Sidecountry

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pebble Creek ID 02/16/2019

JasonWx
that looks like a cool place!!
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
I've had a southern Idaho sleeper-area road trip in my plans for a good ten years and still haven't gotten around to it: Pebble Creek, Pomerelle, Soldier Creek, Beaver Mountain (Utah), Tamarack, Bogus, Brundage -- maybe I'd hit Sun Valley if time allowed.

Excellent that you nailed Pebble Creek in top condition. Damn, it'd be tough to miss those Salomons if you lost one in the powder.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Thanks for an excellent report. I have been curious about this place for a long time.

A 20 minute drive to Pebble Creek is a reason to consider trying to retire in Pocatello. Awesome and uncrowded.
The additional Pocatello advantage is travel time to this list:
Grand Targhee  2:15
Jackson Hole    2:45
Sun Valley        3:00
Snowbasin        2:15
Powder Mtn      2:30
Big Sky             3:30

It is similar to Mission Ridge/Wenatchee, although Wenatchee seems to be nicer than Pocatello.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
Right on X.

Pocatelo is a great central location  Perfect retirement spot for skiing.  Very much like Wenatchee, but I agree... Wenatchee is a bit nicer...  better scenery around town.