classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PeeTex please help me understand?

witch hobble
mattchuck2 wrote
If you had a business and you were faced with the choice of keeping your profits offshore and paying zero tax, or repatriating them and paying 10% tax, or whatever, why would you not continue to pay zero tax?
Maybe if you fear the president tweeting about you?

That's all I got. Only solution I guess 🤦‍♂️
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
It seems to be an actual Trump strategy: shame "loser" companies and prop up ones that curry favor. I just read an article about how horrible that is for the business climate:

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/13/14245120/donald-trump-crony-capitalism-ford-chrysler-carrier-ll-bean
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Well you didn't really help me understand regarding debt ceiling but let's try another.

Reading reports (hopefully not fake news) that TinyHandsWhoLovesACertainShadeofShower will not divest from his businesses.

1.  How will he have time to be president and a bigly huuuge biz man

2. How is it possible to avoid conflict of interest, especially with international biz?
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
ScottyJack wrote
Well you didn't really help me understand regarding debt ceiling but let's try another.

Reading reports (hopefully not fake news) that TinyHandsWhoLovesACertainShadeofShower will not divest from his businesses.

2. How is it possible to avoid conflict of interest, especially with international biz?
Did you listen to his press conference on that subject? I think his plan to seperate himself was pretty clear.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
More left wing fake news:
Bannon left Goldman Sachs 30 years ago.
Scaramucci also left Goldman Sachs 30 years ago.
Mnuchin left 15 years ago.
Powell is an GS exec but she is not tapped for a position effecting the economy or business
Clayton did not work for GS (fake news). Out of all these Cohn is the only one working for GS presently that is also going into in economic position, kind of like when FDR put Joe Kennedy to head the SEC.

You are a joke Matt if this is the best criticism you've got. These are all highly qualified people.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Harvey wrote
Political advantage is more important than America.
This!!!! This!!!! This!!!!

You can never make everyone happy, or do what's best for everyone, but you can certainly act in a manner that attempts to achieve the best results for the greatest number of people, and do what you can to mitigate the negative effects of those actions on the rest.

No one seems to care anymore about doing this ... it's JUST about winning, and if at all possible, humiliating your opponent in the process.

Until that attitude changes, we will be permanently in the shitter ... Republican ... Democrat ... Whatever ... It all sucks.

Hypocrisy ... America's greatest strength.
This is indeed correct.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
More left wing fake news
I don't feel like looking them all up, but here's the Wikipedia page for Mnuchin:

After he graduated from Yale University, Mnuchin worked for investment bank Goldman Sachs for 17 years, reaching its management committee. After he left the bank in 2002, he worked for and founded a number of hedge funds.
You JUST said it was damning that Hillary Clinton took money from Goldman Sachs and Hedge funds. And here you are defending people who fucking work for Goldman Sachs and Hedge Funds.

You're the joke. You're the puppet.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
ScottyJack wrote

Did you listen to his press conference on that subject? I think his plan to seperate himself was pretty clear.
His plan was to have his kids run it, where every leader of every foreign country could enrich his family. That is the very definition of "conflict of interest"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
More left wing fake news:
Bannon left Goldman Sachs 30 years ago.
Scaramucci also left Goldman Sachs 30 years ago.
Powell is an GS exec but she is not tapped for a position effecting the economy or business
Clayton did not work for GS (fake news). Out of all these Cohn is the only one working for GS presently that is also going into in economic position, kind of like when FDR put Joe Kennedy to head the SEC.

You are a joke Matt if this is the best criticism you've got. These are all highly qualified people.
Crazy that these Goldman Sachs guys decided to tax the retirement savings of working people to give Goldman Sachs an enormous tax cut.

We should probably just trust them because they're "highly qualified".
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Shame on PeeTex!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!