Phil Mickelson: U.S. Open

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Phil Mickelson: U.S. Open

tjf1967
Ill take your word for it.  I think the simple reason is that he is Phil Mickelson.  
What are you doing working on a Monday?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I always work on Monday, off Tuesday, but working this Tuesday and off Thursday......Then to the Cape for a week

You should read that article. At first I thought it wasn't a big deal but now I'm not so sure. I'm now leaning towrds what you are saying in that if it wasn't for the fact he is Phil he would've been DQ'd. They were very lenient in the ruling they gave him regarding intent.
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
campgottagopee wrote
At first I thought it wasn't a big deal but now I'm not so sure. I'm now leaning towrds what you are saying in that if it wasn't for the fact he is Phil he would've been DQ'd. They were very lenient in the ruling they gave him regarding intent.
Yep, that was the reason for my righteous indignation. As big a jerk as PM is for going nuts in his post-round interview, the USGA are complete hypocrites with all those TV commercials about how playing golf helps young people build character blahblahblah. None of this is a surprise, just saying.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
Thanks Z. So can you tell me why the penalty is so much different for redirecting the ball versus stopping it those two things seem pretty similar to me also.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
They shouldn’t be Harv
I think if he was not Phil or it wasn’t the USGA who had clearly again F-ed up the course set yet another time he would have been DQed.

Pull this shit  at the Masters say on 15 to prevent a putt from going into the water and they would throw your ass out but Augusta does not routinely mess up thier course set up.  

Phil should have been DQed.  In fact I think he expected to be and would have done an interview calling out the course set up.  All the bozos in the usga that insist on a windmill and a clowns mouth in the course set up need to get tossed out too.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I dunno Coach --- the US Open always brings the best golf to the top. Brooks shot -2 on Saturday, and 14 total players within 4 shots of the lead. The scores were pretty consistent for those who had their A game. Sometimes it fun to watch a tourney that isn't a birdie fest, the US Open is never that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
I'm not sure why every one likes him so much.  What makes a golfer likeable? Jokes with the fans?  Seems like ten years ago the other guys didn't care for him much.

Pro? Bueller?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
He interacts with the gallery, very fan friendly. He's a silver spoon guy, as most of them are, but does his best to come off as a regular Joe. I've always liked Phil. Even if he is a lefty
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Phil also looks much more like an average guy.  Not as buff as these young kids on tour.

He struggled as well as won which make h8m more relatedable.  He has a form of arthritis that can be very bad.  His wife had breast cancer too.   He is more like able as an older player than when he was younger

I don’t want a us open birdie fest but Saturday crossed a line for sure in my book. In those conditions and course set up I’m not sure I would break 120 and a 20 hcp might shoot 200.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
Interesting how Mickelson completely skated on an insider-trading charge and no one even brings it up these days:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/phil-mickelson-insider-trading-golfworld-article-billy-walters
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Better late than never, I guess:
https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/phil-mickelson-finally-admits-truth-behind-us-open-explosion/

MC2 5678F589 wrote
Who gives a fuck?
Apparently he does after all, even if this is perfunctory fence-mending.