Plattekill - Easter Weekend 2013 (3/30-3/31)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plattekill - Easter Weekend 2013 (3/30-3/31)

Marcski
This post was updated on .
The side effects of my addiction start early.  If I'm not clicked in by 10 am, I start to feel queasy and get the shakes.  The only thing, other than actually skiing, that alleviates the condition is to dive on the internet and scroll through various webcams and snow websites (from around the world if need be in summer).  So this past week, with the Easter weekend forecast for warm sunny days, I was truly feeling the effects.  I was practically glued to the screen on Friday and Platty seemed to have a really busy day.  

We rolled into the lot at about 9:30 on Saturday.  The mountain was pretty quiet but looked awesome:

We started off on the double. Northface, Plunge, Block were all skiing great as were the natural snow blues like Ridge, Twist, Drop In and Horseshoe.  The snow was a soft, creamy, buttery whipped cream.  Some friends who are relatively new skiers came in the late morning so we moved over to the triple.  All of the snowmaking trails had deep cover. Some of the natural snow trails started to feel the effects of the 2nd warm, sunny day in a row and revealed some bare spots but most still skied well into Easter Sunday.  Here are my two girls and my 6 yo's friend on the triple by themselves:

Notice the deep cover on The Face under the triple.  

Easter Sunday was a bit cloudy at the start. Groomers were very slightly crunchy first thing but softened quickly.  They had an Easter egg hunt and the Easter Bunny even made an appearance out on the slopes:

Platty still had a lot of snow for the last day of March in the Catskills. Ended the day with a few runs in the woods with my 10 yo:

Snowmaking trails are well covered, Platty may go for their latest closing day yet and stay open through the weekend of the 13th and 14th.  If so, we'll be there for at least one of those days.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plattekill - Easter Weekend 2013 (3/30-3/31)

Powderqueen
Do you think it is going to hold up the warm rain we are getting?

Seems like it may be a good destination for next weekend. Will they be open?
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Powderqueen wrote
Do you think it is going to hold up the warm rain we are getting?

Seems like it may be a good destination for next weekend. Will they be open?
I think the woods and the natural snow trails will be done...but the snowmaking trails will be skiing well this weekend for sure.  They may even see some fresh snow this week!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
Very nice to see Platty going so late. I wonder what their snow making news coming this summer is ? Maybe I buy a pass at Platty for next winter.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
There was so much snow in the cats.... Hoping to be there next weekend. I would not be surprised if the woods are in, hopefully someone delivers pictures soon.