Plattekill - Sat, 2/23/2019

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plattekill - Sat, 2/23/2019

x10003q
After reading the weather forecast for Sunday, I bailed on VT and headed to Plattekill. Temps were in the 20s when I arrived.

The conditions where they groomed were decent. The ungroomed trails were variable and scraped on the steeper sections. There was a 1/2 inch crust on the closed trails and in the woods.

Botton of closed Freefall - coated with crust

Top of groomed North Face - Bearpen in the distance

On Plunge

The trees at the top remained coated with ice all day

I was able to say hi to MC while he was sharing the joy of skiing with his student. They both were having fun.

Noted Pro

View from Sundown

This view and the many others are part of what makes Plattekill so special. I have been skiing at Plattekill for 35 years and it remains one of my favorites. The parking lots were full, the lodge was full (but not crowded) and there were no liftlines and the trails were empty. Plattekill continues to be a great weekend ski area.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plattekill - Sat, 2/23/2019

Brownski
I was there with junior as well. I saw that noted pro go by but he looked like he had his hands full with 7 or 8 toddlers so I didn’t interrupt. You analyzed the conditions perfectly
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yes. Busy teaching day and busy teaching week. I was just there on Monday and Saturday, and I ended up teaching both days, all day. I hear that they put out a good number of lessons for the week, so hopefully everyone is happy.

Good to see you x. If you come by later in the year, it won't be as packed with lessons and I'll be able to get out for a couple runs.

Remember, to everyone reading this thread: Plattekill Telefest on Friday. Free Demos. $25 Lift tickets if you're wearing Tele Boots!

Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Hey MC I'll be wearing your old boots. Doubt this is the correct thread for this ,but....
I still consider my technique sorta tele. What kinds of clinics are available Friday. Do I need to sign prior or just in the morning?  
Any other information is much appreciated.
Cheers

"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
You can sign up day of at the ski school desk!