classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pre-Season Primer’s of Choice

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Not gonna lie, starting to really get the itch, and envision adventures of the season to come!  That involves getting the stoke on, looking at stuff to salivate over in anticipation.  Et cetera, et cetera.

We all have our preferred material of choice, no doubt.  What starts with reading some past trip reports, some even your own perhaps, leads to videos found of the places you might find yourself in the coming months, all leading to deeper dives on the inter-web to savor the nuances of our favorite sport.  That’s how it goes for me at least.

That all led me to this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/magazine/2005/04/18/dangerous-game/amp

A piece to raise the stoke meter, while simultaneously reminding of the inherent danger and risk, helpful to keep it real, keep the stoke in check.

What are you guys reading and watching these days to get primed for the season and get your stoke on?

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pre-Season Primer’s of Choice

Brownski
something about MSP’s Push from 2006 always appealed to me. For a long time, that and Epoch from Meathead films were  my go-to  early season videos. I’m not sure I know where a functioning DVD player is in my house right now so I’ll probably just watch some of last year’s episodes of the Fifty. This year’s first episode is up by the way, in case you didn’t see it yet.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pre-Season Primer’s of Choice

Moglmike
Google Killington glades Electric feel, some dude Petroartski has a sweet video skiing thru the glades, good to get primed, found another great one on YouTube last week, will look up the heading on that one, can't wait, maybe only weeks to go for 1st turns!