Pre-season dirtbag schwack quiver acquisition stokage!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pre-season dirtbag schwack quiver acquisition stokage!

Telemark Dave
Scored these at a local swap.....perfect for the 'biler trails that almost run through my yard.
Skilom Touring, double cambered waxable, 190cm.  A touch of sidecut, 68-56-62.

Best of all, only $20.  

T.D.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pre-season dirtbag schwack quiver acquisition stokage!

Sick Bird Rider
Nice! Are they woodies with a blue paint job?
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Nope, not that dope!

Not sure of the vintage.  They are marked on the sidewalks as doppelbox.
So I'm guessing that means something like a double torsion box fiberglass construction.
They're quite soft in the tip and tail (good!) and have a fairly stiff secondary camber right under the foot.
The blue paint is a nice metallic sky blue. Mid to late 70's...?

I initially grabbed them just for the Villom cable binders.  
But now I think I'll keep them as is, at least until I take them for a schwack.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
nice score! i did almost as well last week - a pair of 190 alpina bc escapades with rotti nnn's. metal edge skinny waxless xc/d for some out-the-back-door fun. can't find any info except a magazine ad circa '96 but wtf for $20!!!

WTB  - madshus epoch's 195's w/ 3 pin cables if anyone knows of a deal on some - i could kick myself i didn't buy a set of last years for $186 last month at ors! the 13's came out with the same top sheet so everyone just bumped 'em all to $300..