Recommend a good mom ‘n pop shop please

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Recommend a good mom ‘n pop shop please

Brownski
My local ski shop closed a year or so ago. I’m not too far from one of the big multi-location chains in northern NJ but they refused to work on my kids’ gear last year because it’s too old- practically called me a bad parent for letting them ski on it. I can wax/sharpen it myself I guess but I’m afraid I’m not doing as good a job as a shop would. I just need somebody that will do a tune, don’t mind signing a waiver. Rockland County is my first choice but anyplace in Bergen County, Westchester, Orange or Westchester, even Nassau (I’m forced to go out there almost every week).

So who has the best shop down here?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Recommend a good mom ‘n pop shop please

Thehof
I go to Sno-Haus in Hempstead. They take care of all my needs ,even mounting stuff I've gotten else where. Wish I could give you a name,but it's one of those things i'am sure every one has had. I kinda know the guy ,but have forgotten his name. Tallish guy,wears glasses,German accent. Hangs around the skis. Late 50s early 60s.
Good luck on your quest.
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Thanks, that might work. I usually take the Northern State instead of the LIE and it looks like it’s not all that far off it
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Just curious, what size foot and what length ski?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Junior’s on a 150 and wears 25.5s for now. The twelve year old will try on the hand me downs to see which boots fit. He’s grown quite a bit over the last year so we’ll have to see. He always resists moving up to a longer ski
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Mt Everset in Westwood, NJ
They do an excellent job on tunes. I do not know their policy on older equipment.