1234567 ... 20
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Reports from The Land Of NAZ, 18/19

raisingarizona wrote
I’m a lifer.
Spectacular.

Those trees are incredible by EC standards. Years ago I skied in the Tahoe area during a low-snow year. Being from the East, I thought the conditions were pretty good. I remember standing at the top of run, looking up and wondering what the ring of marks in the bark was caused by. They were consistently about 12 feet up. Some mysterious Tahoe woodpecker? It eventually dawned on me that they were caused by people knocking snow off their skis during a normal snow year. Unreal.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

Thanks SBR. Those trees are pretty good when we have some snow. Right now our natural base is probably around 25 inches, not enough for safe tree skiing here and the ten day is looking high and dry.

To be completely honest......I’m stoked! I’ve been way more hyped for trail building than skiing this year. I should be able to get a bunch more days in now on our project before the snow really flies.
Reply |

With no new snow we are back at the trail building!

Reply |

5 star day in Sedona today. 65 degrees and sunny. Today was my first ride since August.

JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

what did you ride?
"Peace and Love"
Cunningstunts Cunningstunts
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Today was my first ride since August.
How did that feel?  
Reply |

It felt pretty good actually. I did a fairly easy ride as far as Sedona riding goes. My arse is a bit sore.

Rode- Chuck Wagon > Mescal > Long Canyon > Dead Mans Pass > Aerie > Cockscomb > Aerie > Dead Mans Pass > Mescal > Canyon Of Fools > OK Trail > Arizona Cypress > Snake > Girdner > back to Boynton Pass Road and my car.
Cunningstunts Cunningstunts
Reply |

Nice.  Two weeks off my bike and I feel like I'm going to vomit even doing an easy ride.
Reply |

I get that for sure but somehow I was ok. I’m a super lazy mountain biker to be honest unless it’s steep and nasty, then I get after it. It’s kind of like my skiing I guess. I’m ok with that. :D

Reply |

Sedona is pretty rad. It’s like a mini Zion NP but you get to mountain bike in it!

1234567 ... 20