Ride to Remember

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ride to Remember

Adk Jeff
If all goes according to plan, Cecilia Kauth and her cycling companions will be leaving Saratoga Springs today for the final leg of their 3000 mile cross-country bicycle ride in honor of Cecilia’s father Don Kauth, who was killed in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center.  The ride is also being used to raise funds for World Bicycle Relief, an organization dedicated to providing access to independence and livelihood through the power of bicycles in underdeveloped regions of the world.  I personally knew Don from working with him for several years in the late ‘90s, and Cecilia’s ride is a wonderful tribute to her father and to all Americans who were killed in the 9/11 attacks.

In a recent email, Cecilia laid out the plan for the final leg of their ride:  “We are biking Wednesday through Saturday to the NYC area. We'll dip our wheels sometime mid-day on Saturday (9/10) at Rockaway Beach.  It's been an amazing ride, a wonderful life experience. My dad gave me such great opportunities--I'm very thankful.”

The forecast here for today and tomorrow doesn’t look too good – nearly an inch of rainfall – but I suspect at this point in their journey the riders have figured out how to deal with unfavorable weather.  After that, Friday and the weekend look good.

To learn more about the ride and World Bicycle Relief, check out Cecilia’s website, USA Ride to Remember.

Going to the Sun Road, Glacier National Park

Dipping bikes in the Pacific