Rocker

60 messages Options
Hoser Hoser
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Rocker

Purchased the Line 90's last March.   Fun at Gore last few weeks of season, but not good in the trees (think Barkeater Glades).  Also used at Stowe in early April, great in corn, but again got in the trees as they had some fresh snow up top, they would not react quick enough (needed my Blizzard 8.1s)

HOWEVER - used them at Squaw and Alpine Meadows in mid-April,  absolutely loved them.  No problem with the heavier snow.  

Bottom line, stay out of the Eastern trees, and you'll have a blast with the 90s
Spongeworthy Spongeworthy
Reply |

That answers my question. Thanks.

If I ever go out west again, or hit Jay Peak after an epic powder dump, I'll rent a pair.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Well, I'm committed now. Look what arrived today:

And they definitely have some rocker:

I'll let you know how it works out.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
I:)skiing I:)skiing
Reply |

In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
You will like them.    

I demo'd Dynastar's (forget name here) 86mm under foot slight rocker the first week of December last year.   (at Gore) Powder was great, hardpack all I had to do was rotate then apply edge and they would pull any radius turn I wanted.    

Enjoy
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Used the NYSB Daily Breads (rockered tips) the last week at Gore. One thing I learned:

Rocker can come in really handy in tight stuff.  Many trees were in play but those with less traffic, especially off the map were punky outside of the primary line.  A bunch of us went into BBA and I chose the far left line as I thought it would have had the most traffic. If you know that line the end is extremely technical (hard). It takes four super precise bang-bang turns, or a deliberate on turn at a time approach.

You're in awkward icy troughs that are so small that your camber does seem to be a hindrance. Not describing this very well, but the rocker really seemed to help me get through.

Maybe someone else who knows the spot can do a better job of describing it to those who don't ski Gore.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

This thread is so old, TBatt had a girlfriend.

ml242 ml242
Reply |

This thread is so old, people still debated the merits of rocker.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Spongeworthy wrote
I see that rocker is the next new big thing...
Pretty much nailed this Sponge. In 2010.

Anybody out there with NO ROCKER in their quiver for philosophical reasons (vs lack of money or whatever)?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Telemark Dave Telemark Dave
Reply |

Harvey wrote
Spongeworthy wrote
I see that rocker is the next new big thing...
Pretty much nailed this Sponge. In 2010.Anybody out there with NO ROCKER in their quiver for philosophical reasons (vs lack of money or whatever)?
Ahhh, how about "I Kant have rockered skis as then I couldn't ski the way I did before I had them.

TD
tBatt tBatt
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589

Hey, man, Jill and I are doing great!

mattchuck2 wrote
This thread is so old, TBatt had a girlfriend.