Seam tape repair???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Seam tape repair???

Telemark Dave
Anyone here have a reccomendation for regluing seam tape (ie, on the inside of a waterproof/breathable jacket).Just noticed the tape is pealing off my beloved Flylow Higgins jacket (it's done 5 years of backbush service with nary a blemish.. Must be a coincidence that its namesake just passed the other day.. 😢)
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Seam tape repair???

Johnnyonthespot
Pretty sure that's a heat tape. Like a hot melt type.
https://youtu.be/JijmHz4h2wk
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
If the heat trick doesn't work, try Seam Grip or Aquaseal (or other flexible urethane adhesive). Use sparing and apply pressure till cured. I'm a big fan of Seam Grip, works really well and the repair will last a long time.

Which reminds me, I need to get some and fix my rubber boots.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
This may not apply to you, but when the plasticky part of the inside cuff of my ski pants started coming apart I sewed it together with dental floss.

Note:  I used to work with textile folks.  They said some dental floss was airbag yarn that didn't meet proper specifications.  That's what gave me the idea.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
D.B. Cooper wrote
This may not apply to you, but when the plasticky part of the inside cuff of my ski pants started coming apart I sewed it together with dental floss.

Note:  I used to work with textile folks.  They said some dental floss was airbag yarn that didn't meet proper specifications.  That's what gave me the idea.
I'll bet that dental floss would work really well with a Speedy Stitcher.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report