Six Flags Great Escape

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Six Flags Great Escape

snoloco
You have all driven by this place on your way to Whiteface, Gore or any other destination in the Adirondacks.  I had driven by it many times myself and was always interested in going some day.  On Sunday 7/28/13 I finally went.  It was a rainy overcast day which meant no crowds.  Videos of the rides I went on are below.

First was Boomerang Coast to Coaster
Video from wwwCOASTERFORCEcom

Next was Comet

Then Sky Ride
Video from Simard76
This ride had Gore stickers carefully placed on all of the chairs when I was there although they are not on the chairs in the video.  I was wondering if Gore has anything to do with the installation of the sky ride or if it was just advertising.  

Then Sasquatch Launch Tower
Video from Stephen Gorsuch

After that was Canyon Blaster

And finally Steamin Demon
This is the orange roller coaster that you can see from the Northway.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Six Flags Great Escape

I_BUILD_PARKS
I live north of there, only would drive past it to go to west. And what's with scroll bombs of rollercoaster videos. FTR, everything except for the comet is pretty awful at great escape. Worst 6 flags by far.

The steamin demon is cool is you if you're looking for excuse to visit your neurologist buddy at work.

I'll give you some advice though. Aren't you from Jerz?   Go to great adventure, they actually have good rides. I can't do those places anymore. Waiting even a half hour for a 2 min or less ride bores me. That said I've done more of the big 6 flags in north america and some of the other good parks. Seriously though, skip great escape and go to Great Adventure.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Six Flags Great Escape

snoloco
I went to Great Escape because I have driven past it many times and I wanted to check it out.  My dad offered to take me on the day that we drove home from the Adirondacks.  It can't compare Great Adventure and Dorney which are closer.  I like Great Adventure because it has the best rides, and Dorney because you never have to wait to ride their rides.  The best coaster at Great Escape is definitely the Comet, my favorite at Great Adventure is El Toro, and my favorite at Dorney is Steel Force.
I've lived in New York my entire life.