Ski Boot Warmers?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ski Boot Warmers?

telerider
Bought my wife hotronics for valentimes day this year (what else do you buy a die-hard skier chick?), It has made her skiing so much more enjoyable.  Since she has really small feet and the smallest shell black diamond Stilletos (3 buckles vs. the usual 4), she runs the packs in the front.  No chair lift issues.  

I have intuitions in both my scarpas and my toes still freeze on cold (<20 deg) days).  They do dry really quickly though.  I will probably wuss out and rig up a pair for me next year.  
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
They have a variety of liners with different densities. The wrap style is going to be a much warmer one
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Of the people that have the intuition liners which ones do you have?  Wrap or tongue?

Did you buy them online and mold yourself or get them from a shop?

I bought new boots with custom footbeds last year.  They have started to pack out a little bit this year and one of the tongues feels a little funky by the end of the day.  I have close to 60 days in them.  Is it worth going to a shop to get them fitted?  On their website the only place local is a shop in Clifton Park.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951

I have a pair of Nordica Enforcers 2010-2011 . I recall seeing them advertised to be "pre-wired". If so, is there a specific heater which would have to be used?  Or, maybe I had a dream they were pre-wired for heat. Didn't look at the liners yet.
p.s. Have medical circulatory issue with right leg causing comprimized blood flow below my right knee. I'm surprised I still have two feet attached to my body after skiing for hours without a break on many single digit days. It was tough when I was younger and on a High School trip with my club and everyone was chomping at the bit to get as many runs in a day as possible. I took a few chances pusing things too far exposing my foot to the cold, but managed to escape with a few mildly frostbitten toes (which I still have)! I would make a joke about still being able to count to 21 with my fingers, toes, and ...well you know.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Danzilla
I have both the wrap and tongue. Wrap in my alpine boots. Tongue in AT. I have put the wrap in my at boots when wanting to stiffen them up at times.

You can mold them yourself easy enough. I did mine

do a search on ttips site.....cooking with big tim
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
i have the tongue model which i got at High Adventure in Latham NY. although i buy quite a bit ski stuff online, i still like to buy boots locally knowing that i have a talented bootfitter available.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
The Hotronics have made a difference for my wife. But her alpine boots never had intuitions.
Resurrecting an old post - your wife till using these?
My wife has had them in her boots for about 4 years now and I am just about ready to replace the heating elements again, the second time. The connectors and wires from the heating pads to the batteries just wear out, the wires break and the connectors fall apart. We get about 2 seasons out of them. I must say though that my wife uses them about 30 times/yr. I really wish they made these more durable. I suspect the battery packs will wear out next and if that happens I think I will build my own so that I can control the quality.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
We've had Hotronics about 3 years I think?

But my wife doesn't ski too much, she has maybe 30 days on them.  So far they are still working.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I have had intuition liners in my boots for the last 8 years and my toes now only get cold on the most brutal days.  The other advantage is that I found that conventional liners were only good for 2 seasons max before they get too packed out (120ish days) while the ID liners out last the outer shells on every boot I have had them in.  

Intuition liners are a stock option for Dalbello boots where they are called ID for Intuition Dalbello.  They also come in some K2 and Full Tilt boots as its owned by the same parent company.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

K man
I will vouch for intuition liners too.  I have had multiple pairs over the last 10 years or so.  Love the fit, but I have poor circulation in my feet, so I use Hotronics with my intuition liners and custom insoles.  My wife, also with Intuition liners uses Hotronics.  We usually get 3-4 seasons out of the Hotronics before having to replace an element.  The wires are a little fragile, so be careful removing the batteries, don't just yank on them.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis