classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Bowl Village, Adirondack Club Resort and Mont Luzerne

Snowballs
Banned User
There's 3, yep 3!, ADK ski areas with major residential developements planned. The third one, Mont Luzerne, is adjacent to West Mountain Ski Area in Queensbury, exit 18. While not slopeside it is proposed to have a chairlift from the mountain top developement to the base of West Mountain......

~ Ski center with new "residents only" lodge and a chair lift from our village square which ties into the popular West Side Grille and the 30 ski trails and tubing park of the West Mountain Ski Center.

I suppose when times are good and real estate is booming, it's natural for people to conjure up these grandiouse plans. Even then, reality often intervenes. I wish them all luck, but I can't see them bearing fruit.

Of the three, perhaps Mont Luzerne has the best chance as it could be a domicile home type development as it's residents will be closer to employment. Like the others, it has many proposed fancy amenities and gingerbread to create the Nirvana hamlet idea.

It will be very interesting to see which of these developements is operating 10/20 years from now.

Here's a link to Mont Luzerne's web page.

http://www.montluzerne.com/