Ski Clothing

21 messages Options
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Ski Clothing

I do a mix of high end & low end.

Cheap Walmart brand Realtree (hunting?) for base layers. Tech pieces I got for gifts as midlayers. Patagucci outer layers, when they rip or tear, I send them back to Patagonia and they fix them for me. Got two pairs of pants and two jackets fixed over the summer for $20 + $10.50 in shipping costs.
gefiltephish gefiltephish
Reply |

I have some Gordini lobster-claw gloves that have been solid for 3 seasons, half the price of Hestra. Flylow insulated jacket and pants have been absolutely bomber. Found a great deal on their discontinued pants, but if you find their Chemical pants for a decent price, totally worth it! In and out facing zips are great for touring, Cordura reinforced at wear spots... Smith goggles are great, especially with a 50% prodeal. My Mammut shell is crazy good for touring, as is my Marmot rain jacket for resort skiing (doesn't breath as well).
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I’m actually a little frustrated that this company called Wickers went out of business. I think they may have been owned by STP cause that’s the only place I ever saw them for sale. They just did inexpensive variations of polypro basically. Cheap high quality base layers can be found at other places but they made a stretchy expedition weight balaclava that was just more comfy then anything else I have been able to find. I’ve been trying to find a suitable replacement for years. My old one has a couple little holes in front of the mouth at this point but I’m not throwing it out. You wouldn’t think a simple little face mask would be that tough to get right.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
Lol. I guess if it were never in style it can't go out of style hey.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

I look around for the best gear for me in whatever particular category I am going for... Base later.. Shell..  then when I get it I only use it for it's intended purpose.
My ski pants are just about ready to be relished to the play clothes pile. I've been looking for a while.

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

All my "stuff" hunting, riding, skiing, is Gortex. I think it's worth the money and holds up. I'll search around for a while until I find what I want at a fair price. Kinco gloves for me.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

I have boxers with snowflakes, a pair with ski lifts, and a pair with little mountains on them.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Johnnyonthespot wrote
I have boxers with snowflakes, a pair with ski lifts, and a pair with little mountains on them.
Are they Gore Tex?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
That's an image I did not need at lunch time
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
What?!!??? No tele?