classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ski Mad World's Friday Night Videos

Harvey
Administrator
MadPatSki's blog - Ski Mad World is really quite unique. One of the great features is his Friday Night Videos.

This week's piece includes some footage by Arnold Fanck, who is becoming one of my favorite old-time ski filmmakers:

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/friday-night/

I'm not embedding it here because MadPatSki, is doing something very unique and original - you should visit his site.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Ski Mad World's Friday Night Videos

MadPatSki
Harvey44 wrote
MadPatSki's blog - Ski Mad World is really quite unique. One of the great features is his Friday Night Videos.

This week's piece includes some footage by Arnold Fanck, who is becoming one of my favorite old-time ski filmmakers:

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/friday-night/

I'm not embedding it here because MadPatSki, is doing something very unique and original - you should visit his site.
Thanks Harv. Harvey Road has come a long way in a short amount of time. Der Weiss Rausch movie is surely great, even without the modern music.

Here is a quote of the idea behind the Friday Night Video.

MadPatSki on Ski Mad World wrote
Every Friday night, I’m going to present clips from ski movies or links to clips in case where I can’t embedded them in this blog. The clips aren’t necessarily going to be the best on the net, but the ones which I believe are relevant to the term of History of Skiing Geography: Historical clips, clips for all over the World… and skiing. Professional Teasers and Trailers, Amateurs vids and Archival clips of a certain interest.
Here is what I posted so far on Friday Night. From classic ski movies of the 80s, crazy stuff to tributes to athletes and event on specific anniversaries. Next Friday Night Video belongs to that category. It going to be a total change of pace with the last few posts.

1- Friday Night Video on SMW

2- Blizzard of Aahhs

3- The Crazy Canucks

4- Hot Dog... The Movie

5- Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noel from the Great White North

6- Shane McConkey

7- Skiing in NYC

8- Der Weisse Rausch
Ski Mad World
A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
Any chance of posting a clip from Dr. Schlitz on Mt. Washington?  I saw this ~20 years ago at Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch, NH.  Talk about a skiing classic, along with a touches of Chaplin and Keaton!  jack
Reply | Threaded
|

MadPatSki
Michaeltokyo wrote
Any chance of posting a clip from Dr. Schlitz on Mt. Washington?  I saw this ~20 years ago at Joe Dodge Lodge at Pinkham Notch, NH.  Talk about a skiing classic, along with a touches of Chaplin and Keaton!  jack
Dr. Schlitz on Mt. Washington is a fun movie, but it's far from my favorite. That doesn't really matter as I'm not a fan of Hot Dog and posted that one on Friday Night Movie. The main thing is the ability to find the movie online or part of it to post. There is probably a way to post something on Youtube from the movie I own (like Schlitz), but I'm not sure on 'how to' plus I have a bunch of more stuff I want to address in term posting things on the blog. Right now I have a bunch of clips pre-selected associated with specific days/anniversaries/events over the next few months.

Dr. Schlitz can be found at the New England Ski Museum shop also.

Schlitz on Mount Washington DVD
$20.00

1935, Black & White, 22 minutes

Chaplin-esque adventure comedy at Dr. Schlitz skis the world-renowned Tuckerman Ravine

Lowell Thomas narrates the adventures of the illustrious Dr. Wolfgang Schlitz on the timeless and treacherous slopes of Tuckerman Ravine. You’ll notice shades of Chaplin in this 1930s classic that was written, directed, and produced by Christopher Young, who stars in the title role. A delightful jaunt full of daring-do, comic pranks and remarkable spring skiing. Don’t miss it!

Ski Mad World
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This is a CLASSIC:

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/friday-night-video-frank-klammer-in-innsbruck/

Thirty five years ago this weekend.

Thanks MadPat.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cool Friday Night Video post on SkiMadWorld includes this video on Tux:

Reply | Threaded
|

MadPatSki
Yesterday Friday Night Video features was on Scot Schmidt. Scot turned 50 on Thursday. Can't believe it's been so long.

You can find all the Ski Mad World FNV posts HERE.
Ski Mad World
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I can only assume that all of Mad Pat's Friday Night Videos are awesome because whenever I check them out they are absolutely killer.

Tonight's is no exception. Definitely turn up the sound: