Ski plans for next season?

102 messages Options
12345 ... 11
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Ski plans for next season?

Going to Alta in mid March for a week. May do another week in January as well.

Do a lot of touring in the Daks, probably a day or two at Sugarbush.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Bosco DaSkia Bosco DaSkia
Reply |

In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Dolomites. Sella Ronda.

Or Tres Valle.

yo, bunny dude. If yer gonna go to the dolomites, you should look into the ski safaris..... no car needed. stay on the mountain in a different refugio every night with yer shit shuttled from place to place for ya..

https://www.discoverydolomites.com/ski-safari-dolomites/

https://www.dolomitemountains.com/en/winter_spring_trips/dolomite_ski_safari.htm

https://www.colletts.co.uk/winter/ski-safari/

https://inspireditaly.com/dolomites-ski-safaris/

fer realz....anything less is just less.
Bosco DaSkia Bosco DaSkia
Reply |

hoops, my bad. looks like bunny already done been there....buck up little camper. you'll figure out how to get off of one of them there lifts thingys one of these days....

Peter Minde Peter Minde
Reply |

May not happen this season, but I want to go to Sjusjoen in Norway before I die.  Maybe go back to Jackson NH.  And I've decided that my knees are in god enough shape to run the Pemiwagassett Loop.
billyymc billyymc
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
billyymc wrote
Planning on asking my manager if I can spend a month out west working remote part of it, and using vacation for part of it. He's been my manager for about three months. We'll see how it goes.
Where do you want to go to?
Got an Ikon pass this year so planning to head where I can use that. If i can't get a month out west I'll take two weeks - my daughters have back to back spring breaks so I'll have one come out then the other. Not sure which destinations I'll choose yet - probably JH and Utah if I only get two weeks. If I can get a full month I'll add Colorado in there.

First year in a long time without a local season pass so it will be an interesting year - more skiing in VT, more local variety however i can scrape it together. More Plattekill.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
At this point all I have are hopes.  With luck, plans will come.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
marznc marznc
Reply |

In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Planning on asking my manager if I can spend a month out west working remote part of it, and using vacation for part of it. He's been my manager for about three months. We'll see how it goes.
. . .
Got an Ikon pass this year so planning to head where I can use that. If i can't get a month out west I'll take two weeks - my daughters have back to back spring breaks so I'll have one come out then the other. Not sure which destinations I'll choose yet - probably JH and Utah if I only get two weeks. If I can get a full month I'll add Colorado in there.

First year in a long time without a local season pass so it will be an interesting year - more skiing in VT, more local variety however i can scrape it together. More Plattekill.
Are the spring breaks in early or late March, or April?

I'm ending up at Alta for closing week because my friend's kids in middle school have spring break the week after Easter, April 13-17.  Last year the kids will be in the same school and free at Alta Lodge during late season.  I'd rather ski Alta in early April, but I have enough other plans so will meet up with them again.  Advantage is spring season rates.
Mi Skier Mi Skier
Reply |

My plans for next season is first is to get my Caberfae Peaks weekend pass, the Michigan White  Gold Card, and finally this year I will be able to head back east and I am planing on going to Harvey's annual birthday at Plattekill  and hopefully meet some people from this site.
TheGreatAbyss TheGreatAbyss
Reply |

I'm moving from the city to a house in NJ so this will be my first ski season in over 10 years that doesn't require driving through NYC rush hour traffic.  

My plan is to not have a plan and hopefully be able to take some PTO days to chase some mid-week storms.  

I'm kinda done with West Coast trips for a while.  I'm starting to think it's just not worth it when you can get just as good skiing here on the East Coast for a fraction of the price and hassle if you time it right.
dmc_hunter dmc_hunter
Reply |

Upgrade my Hunter pass to Epic then go out west for a week...
Also planning a trip to Japan to ride next year..  Hoping that works out..
Top it all off with a trip or 2 to Tuckerman Ravine..
12345 ... 11