Ski plans for next season?

113 messages Options
1 ... 9101112
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Ski plans for next season?

Brownski wrote
ADMike, does your wife ski? I used to know a guy that would just stake out a spot in the lodge for his wife and baby, ski as hard as he could all morning and then take over the parenting and give his wife his jacket with the ticket attached for the afternoon. I thought it was a pretty good system.
She's a snowboarder (went a few times before meeting me, became much better after we started dating, now a strong intermediate, rides Whiteface blues, could do a black if she had to).  However, she's not passionate about it like I am, but I come from a ski family where me and my brothers all starting at 3 yo, and both parents passionate skiers, but she's mixed up in it now by default so when winter hits...she knows the deal!  I would think she'd be ok with coming up and not skiing if our son is with us, so that I could ski like early until it gets skied off, then meet back up with them and we go do other stuff in the afternoon.  Or get a quick ski tour in.  That's my vision currently anyways.  Also helps my parents are often there and we have a place 10 mins from Whiteface, so I am definitely lucky in terms of still being able to pull off some skiing with grandparents being present and having something more than a hotel room to hang in, especially once we have kids at skiing age.  Wasn't always the case, been passholders since way back in the day, but bummed it at various cheap hotels around the region to pull off our ski seasons, slept in cars, redeye drives to avoid lodging costs, etc, so the whole having a place thing is a new way of doing things for us that my son will now get to experience skiing in a different way than we did growing up.
ADmiKe ADmiKe
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Congrats, and I'm sure you'll get some skiing in.

Ours like the car, and my wife, didn't she but liked the change of scenery.

And welcome back to NYSB, the tool for flatlanders who are working the angle.
Thanks!  And yeh he likes the car so far so that’s a start! Will be playing angle of change of scenery to my advantage - betting on she will get tired of being in the house while on maternity leave through the entire winter and then some.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Sounds like you can make this happen. Having the house close is key. Having a second car there would make it perfect. I found my wife or later, daughter we’re on different schedules and having a second car took off all the stress.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
1 ... 9101112