Ski plans for next season?

113 messages Options
1234567 ... 12
x10003q x10003q
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Ski plans for next season?

raisingarizona wrote
Life is pretty good right now. I just got new pants and jacket from Flylow too! It’s the nicest gear I’ve had in a long while. Man I hated school. That was awful.

If I visited the east I’d definitely go ski MRG, Magic and Plattekill.
I have 2 Flylow jackets, one is 8 seasons old and there are no marks on it. The jackets are super durable.

Ski Plans - Magic, Plattekill, Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Jackson Hole
Kleetus Kleetus
Reply |

Hopefully have a new job by Ski season so I can actually you know, have time to Ski. If I don't the way the last 4 months have been I'll be working most, if not all weekends and no prospect of using vacation time (which I have 2+ months of roll over saved now).

Went with an IKON pass this year and no ORDA pass, so this will be the first time in 3 years I haven't had a true unlimited season pass. Plan on heading to VT more this winter and using up all my K and Sugarbush days. Maybe a Stratton day too. Hopefully go out west. Already got 3 days on it between Squaw and Alpine back in late April so already have some return on the investment.  Although if I am successful at changing jobs I won't be traveling for work as much out West, but at rate things are going I wouldn't be able to squeeze skiing in anyways like I have past seasons on business trips.

Still plan on skiing Gore and WF some, but not enough to justify a full blown season pass. Plan on hitting them during the holiday periods since I will be blacked out on IKON.
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
raisingarizona wrote
Life is pretty good right now. I just got new pants and jacket from Flylow too! It’s the nicest gear I’ve had in a long while. Man I hated school. That was awful.

If I visited the east I’d definitely go ski MRG, Magic and Plattekill.
I have 2 Flylow jackets, one is 8 seasons old and there are no marks on it. The jackets are super durable.

Ski Plans - Magic, Plattekill, Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Jackson Hole
Good to hear x1000. It seems real durable and looks cool af too
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Kleetus
Kleetus wrote
Still plan on skiing Gore and WF
McCauley?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

staying in the NE...Mostly Hunta
"Peace and Love"
Saratogahalfday Saratogahalfday
Reply |

In reply to this post by raisingarizona
Magic (black out pass).  Will try to hit some smaller hills (McCauly, Oak, ect) while blocked from Magic.  Either a long weekend at Jay or Sugarbush.  Might head west for a week, but I'm waiting see how the weather pattern shakes out.

Bring on the snow!
onscott onscott
Reply |

Cool - nice to see that in mid-August people are already thinking about skiing this winter.  Had near full coverage at Killington on Dec. 2nd of last year - only 3-1/2 months away!

ICON pass for 2nd year so Killington, Sugarbush and Stratton for sure.  Day trips to Plattekill and/or Hunter and Bellayre plus CNY powder dump days at Song Mountain (small place but they leave a lot of the trails ungroomed for most of the day).

Ski buddy decided to get married, have a kid and buy a house all at once so I doubt he'll be up for a western trip this year.  Thinking of heading to Steamboat.  Non-skier wife will join me and I thought it might be a nice town for her to enjoy.  Big mellow mountain and snowcat skiing as well.  Anyone been there?
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

onscott wrote
 Steamboat...  Anyone been there?
Yeah, go to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs with your wife (instead of the one in town).
raisingarizona raisingarizona
Reply |

In reply to this post by onscott
Steamboat is a really nice town. I lived there for two years in the mid 90’s and had a ton of fun. It’s grown a lot since I left.

It’s definitely a mellow mountain. There’s a few short steep shots but it takes two lift rides and skiing on some flattish stuff in between to lap em. Nice trees of course. After two years I was ready to go elsewhere for more exciting terrain but it’s plenty entertaining if you’ve never been.
marznc marznc
Reply |

In reply to this post by onscott
onscott wrote
Cool - nice to see that in mid-August people are already thinking about skiing this winter.  Had near full coverage at Killington on Dec. 2nd of last year - only 3-1/2 months away!

ICON pass for 2nd year so Killington, Sugarbush and Stratton for sure.  Day trips to Plattekill and/or Hunter and Bellayre plus CNY powder dump days at Song Mountain (small place but they leave a lot of the trails ungroomed for most of the day).

Ski buddy decided to get married, have a kid and buy a house all at once so I doubt he'll be up for a western trip this year.  Thinking of heading to Steamboat.  Non-skier wife will join me and I thought it might be a nice town for her to enjoy.  Big mellow mountain and snowcat skiing as well.  Anyone been there?
Haven't been for quite a while, but I remember Steamboat as a fun town to walk around.  The hot springs either in town indoors or outside town outdoors are well worth a visit.  The bus system is pretty decent so if flying into the local airport, it's possible to do without a rental car.
1234567 ... 12