Skiing Rideshare and Social Network

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Skiing Rideshare and Social Network

theskilift.org
Need to find rides to a ski resort this winter or perhaps thinking of doing some ski travelling? Then check out TheSkiLift.org. It's the world's first comprehensive skiing/snowboarding social networking and ridesharing site. The site is completely free to users, and it takes 1-2 minutes to create a profile. We carry over 950 resorts worldwide (including all NY resorts and ski clubs), put into a simple design so it's easy to use. You can either make money off rides or find rides with the ability to see the other person’s preferences regarding everything from ability level, to smoking preference, to taste in music. This is our first season and we are super excited to be able to help make the mountains more accessible, less costly, and do our part to reduce the sketchiness of online ridesharing. TheSkiLift.org....need a lift?

Rich Masana

CEO/Co-Owner/

TheSkiLift.org
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Skiing Rideshare and Social Network

Powderqueen
Interesting idea.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Is there a rating for people?  IE- give a quick report on someone to help earn credibility of a good ride/passenger?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

theskilift.org
Yes, there is. We are using a thumbs up and thumbs down system so that we can promptly remove any users who make for a bad experience. I think that the use of a profile, information about the other person (smoking preference, taste in music, ability level), and the ratings system are critical in terms of helping to ensure comfort, enjoyment, and efficiency. To date there have been a couple of scattered regional sites, but nothing as comprehensive or secure. I'd imagine in the past most skiiers have resorted to craigslist, which is certainly not the place I (like most of you) would ever want to meet someone to a share a ride!

Rich
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
I think it's a great idea.  Though it's always hard to bump people into a new up-close social experience.

Where are you advertising?

I would think city based/public transportation in Albany/NYC ect would be really effective... Those people are already used to the public transportation idea.

All the best!

**I finally actually checked out the site.  I see you're located in CO, this would be great for the i-70 crowds and a lot less expensive than Vail Resorts proposed zipper lane.  It would be nice if Vail resorts would offer discounts for carpoolers.
Keystone has premier parking for cars with 3+ passengers
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.