classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snow Ridge Ski Resort Sale

Harvey
Administrator
TURIN — The Snow Ridge Ski Resort is slated to be sold by Russell Horn to Cynthia J. Sisto and Nicholas D. Mir, a mother and son who have more than four decades of combined experience in the industry.

Mr. Mir, 28, said he and his mother signed an agreement earlier this month to buy the resort from Mr. Horn, who has owned the Turin operation for 11 years. The mother-son duo — natives of the town of Fabius, south of Syracuse — visited the resort last fall and later decided to make the purchase. He declined to disclose the price.

Ms. Sisto previously spent 32 years as the sales and marketing manager at the Toggenburg Mountain Winter Sports Center in Fabius.

Mr. Mir, a 2009 graduate of Clarkson University in Potsdam, has about 10 years of industry experience. After working for six years at the Toggenburg resort, he left the area to manage ski shops for four years at two resorts — in Mount Hood, Ore., and Breckenridge, Colo. — before deciding to buy the Turin resort with his mother.

“I grew up ski racing around the Central New York area, and Cyndy (his mother) would come up here to ski when she was younger,” Mr. Mir said Tuesday. “We saw the resort up for sale and made a visit. It seemed like it had so much potential, and we fell in love with it.”

Mr. Mir said the resort, which has about 50 employees during its peak season, will grow under its new ownership. Hours of operation at the slopes — typically open from late December through March — will be expanded, he said. Plans also are being made to expand and improve the skiing terrain, develop new race programs and improve terrain parks. Summer attractions also could be introduced.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/news03/mother-son-duo-to-buy-snow-ridge-ski-resort-in-turin--20151007
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snow Ridge Ski Resort Sale

Cornhead
I wish Greek made this purchase instead of Togg, a reciprocal pass with Snow Ridge I would use. Good luck to the new owners. I hope they are successful. Happy they didn't go NELSAP.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Glad to see the new mgt has history in the industry , The Ridge is a regional icon and has a long history in the North Country . Many of us have sampled the goods there and understand its the real deal and as always.  " THANKS LAKE ONTARIO"

I remember one stint there when over 100 inches fell in less than a week
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
The 57" opening day a few years back was one of my most memorable days on skis. I've never before, or since, gotten stuck while skiing. It's even more fun when New England is dry. I love posting powder pics from our monster 500ft hill when they've got zilch. It is a special place.