Snowbird May 18,19 2019...with a little Alta

16 messages Options
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Snowbird: May 18, 2019

Thanks for posting JT. I really appreciate this. I'm down here by the beach daydreaming about what you're actually doing, lol!
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

What beach? I just got back from a week at the beach. I hate the beach. If my fam wants to get tropical weather I’d rather be on a sail boat trimming sails and navigating. Instead I was being dragged around to one tourist stop after another getting my pocket picked.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Beach....I like the beach!  We’ll be up on Cape Cod next weekend, and it will be ALMOST as good as skiing powder in May.  Almost....

Happy to do the trip reports and share my experiences.  I like being able to live vicariously through others when I can’t be skiing, too!

I had a good time skiing this year, one of my best, and I think I got some decent terrain in, and It’s nice to be able to share it here.  God knows my wife doesn’t wanna hear it!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
What beach? I just got back from a week at the beach. I hate the beach. If my fam wants to get tropical weather I’d rather be on a sail boat trimming sails and navigating. Instead I was being dragged around to one tourist stop after another getting my pocket picked.
I agree with PeeTex. The beach is overrated.

I also agree with JTG, I like seeing pictures with snow and rad skiing terrain all year.

One of you rich dudes should go to Chile or New Zealand this year.
marznc marznc
Reply |

Re: Snowbird May 18,19 2019...with a little Alta

In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
May 18......🤔

The start was a bit of a shit show.

Peruvian was delayed until 9:00, but third chair made it worth the wait.  Mineral Basin and Little Cloud opened around 10:00.  Mucho powder.  A little heavy in spots.  . . .
Based on the pics for Friday, 5/24, by Guru Dave, the line for Peruvian wasn't quite as long as last Saturday.  Also didn't open until around 9:00 while Mineral opened at 11:15.  The total went over 700 inches for the season, base depth is listed on the website as 116 inches, and the 48-hour total was 13 inches with 4 more on Friday night.  Pretty clear that it was cold snow, deep powder conditions until the lifts closed at 2:30.

Can get a $50 day ticket if can show a season pass from another mountain at a ticket window.  Started May 1.  I remember getting a discounted lift ticket at Alta in April with my Massanutten season pass a while back.  Probably before the MCP came on the scene.

Snowbird Report 5/25/19
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Yep love the Ocean beaches we will be on the Cape mid June for 2 weeks again , then in Maine for 2 weeks in Sept on the beach on the Gold Coast