classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowblower Recommendations

Benny Profane
This post was updated on .
About 500 dollars, and light enough for a smallish woman to handle. To be used in northern Baltimore county, which isn't, you know, a lot of snow, but, still, the driveway is long
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowblower recommendations

Snowballs
Banned User
Benny Profane wrote
 a smallish woman...driveway is long.....

....equals electric start and self-propelled. $500 probably isn't gonna cut it unless she goes used. Plus a $500 one will likely cut a narrower swath which could truly suck when doing a longer driveway. Just some thoughts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I don't think $500 is going to cut it.  Best time to get a deal is in the spring.  You definately want an electric start.

I used to be a supplier for the electric starter motor for MTD.  I can tell you that they test the crap out of thier products and really make a great quality product.  I have had an MTD for 16 years now and would buy another one if this one ever dies.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Honda (or whatever) single-stage. Light and sort of self propelled (they pull themselves along). These blowers take a bit of getting used to but they work really well and are easy to handle. And a new one is a lot closer to your budget than a dual-stage:
http://powerequipment.honda.com/snowblowers/single-stage-snowthrowers
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
This one is easy :)  Get the Honda single stage.  They are awesome and cheap.  I sold my two stage and got the Honda 720C.  Best decision ever.  You don't need electric start on the Honda.  it starts easily a child could do it.  

Claude