classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowboarder dies at Killington

fahz
Sad news...

A 23-year-old snowboarder from Upstate New York died Friday while snowboarding at Killington Resort in Vermont.

The snowboarder, Skylar Ormond, was snowboarding with two friends on the Mouse Trap run on Killington’s Snowden Peak shortly after 3 p.m. on Friday when one of his friends fell. Ormond swerved to avoid colliding with his unidentified friend and veered off into the woods, striking a tree.

Ormond was transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center, where he died of internal injuries several hours later.

Skylar Ormond was a passionate snowboarder who worked at a rental shop at Bristol Mountain ski area.

23-year-old Skylar Ormond dies in snowboarding accident at Killington Ski Resort in Vermont
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowboarder dies at Killington

tBatt
He was a friend of a friend of mine. Very sad indeed. I can't imagine how his buddy who he was avoiding felt.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowboarder dies at Killington

Goreskimom
I am so sorry to hear this sad news.