classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowless Ski Jumping

Brendan
This post was updated on .
Took a trip to Lake Placid last week and got some great shots from the Olympic Training Center there.

Here's a few of my faves -

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowless Ski Jumping

JasonWx
very cool
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
JasonWx wrote
very cool
Agreed. What is the material that they land on? Space age somethin or other?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
I have done several jumping clinics at LP into the pool from the freestyle jumps.    AMAZING FUN.   I believe anyone can pay $10.00 per jump (or Hr.) on Wednesdays in the summer.    Check that.    

I asked about jumping off the long jump platform...that too would be fun, but scary for sure.  I like the idea of landing in water.    

The description of the surface that I find people relate to is:    Remember the pocket combs boys used in the 70's?    Stand them up end/end.    The surface sure slips.    Rule: Dont even think about turning.   You will catch an edge and go down.   Then you will lose skin.    For jumping, you must be an above average boarder.   Boards are harder to keep flat and straight.    FYI for those contimplating this...also, boarders should definitely were full body cover, not matter how hot it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I:)skiing wrote
 I have done several jumping clinics at LP into the pool from the freestyle jumps.    AMAZING FUN.   I believe anyone can pay $10.00 per jump (or Hr.) on Wednesdays in the summer.
Grande por = Grande cojones. Bravo Senor!