Snowmaking on Showcase (Gore)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowmaking on Showcase (Gore)

CPTele
I was at Gore yesterday for the first time this season.  I noticed that the short snow gun towers that had been placed just downhill of most of the old AE lift towers are now gone. I think those were only there for a few seasons at the most and were the low-E variety (Ratnik?).  I did see a few short tower guns on the side of the trail but not nearly the number that were there that I can remember.

Have they resorted back to sled guns for Showcase or am I just blind and didn't see more towers on the side of the trail now?

P.S.  Showcase skied very good yesterday, at least until after noon, so however they're making snow is working.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snowmaking on Showcase (Gore)

Harvey
Administrator
CPTele wrote
I was at Gore yesterday for the first time this season.  I noticed that the short snow gun towers that had been placed just downhill of most of the old AE lift towers are now gone. I think those were only there for a few seasons at the most and were the low-E variety (Ratnik?).  I did see a few short tower guns on the side of the trail but not nearly the number that were there that I can remember.

Have they resorted back to sled guns for Showcase or am I just blind and didn't see more towers on the side of the trail now?

P.S.  Showcase skied very good yesterday, at least until after noon, so however they're making snow is working.
Those guns were/are specifically made for lift lines to keep snow off chairs/cables etc. They are relatively new (2 years?)  They are Low-E and I am pretty sure they are Rats.  Not sure where they went.  I'm sure they will turn up.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp