Snowqualmie Pass Backcountry 2/23/19

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowqualmie Pass Backcountry 2/23/19

JTG4eva!
What a day.  Before I say anything else....if you ever come out to ski the Cascades, and you are into touring, hook up with Pro Guiding Service.  I’ve skied with three different guides from their shop and they have all been excellent.  Not only knowledgeable and professional, but just really nice and friendly.  If you can hook up with a group excursion it’s the best $185 (plus tip) you will ever have spent skiing.  Heck, their private rate at $360 (plus tip) is a good deal compared to what else is out there.

Today we hit up the Commonwealth Basin, more specifically the Kendall Knob and Kendall Slide Path below the Kendall Peaks.  With new snow overnight hiding storm/wind slabs from yesterday’s storm, and the Considerable avalanche forecast, it was a conservative day.  While open expanses of untracked powder were off limits, we skied boot top to knee deep light powder, most of it through widely spaced old growth pine, and we still found a few steep lines through the trees.  That’s what struck me about the Snowqualmie area, the large zone of great old growth tree skiing, much more so than at Crystal or Baker.

Just a photo dump for now.  I need to go find a couple tall cold beers and the hot tub.  I’ll fill in the story with some video later.

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowqualmie Pass Backcountry 2/23/19

Harvey
Administrator
Beautiful photos.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowqualmie Pass Backcountry 2/23/19