Soliciting Western May Advice/Votes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
49 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Soliciting Western May Advice/Votes

JTG4eva!
Peruvian didn’t open until after 9:00 this morning.  Mineral and Cloud still pending.  Avy control work in May, who knew?  There will be more new snow before tomorrow morning than there was this morning.....so maybe I won’t get out super early tomorrow?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
JTG4eva! wrote
Peruvian didn’t open until after 9:00 this morning.  Mineral and Cloud still pending.  Avy control work in May, who knew?  There will be more new snow before tomorrow morning than there was this morning.....so maybe I won’t get out super early tomorrow?
At least it's staying relatively cold so you don't have to worry about the road closing midday.  When it warms up into the 50s or 60s too fast, the road can be closed for 2-3 hours in case there is a natural wet slide.  Usually announced by 10am.

During the 50-inch 3-day snowstorm April 9-12, there was Interlodge for two mornings 6:30-8:00, with the road closed at 5:30am.  That's when it's nice to be staying at Alta Lodge.  What was more unusual was that the temps stayed cold.  Ballroom opened around 10:45 a few days after the storm started.  While there were people around, I managed to get two untracked runs.  Last time I happened to catch a Ballroom opening was with deep fresh snow was April 2008, which was when I was still an intermediate mostly skiing groomers out west.  This time Main Street wasn't groomed at all, so a longer powder run was possible. :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Well, Mineral and Cloud didn’t open today.  I hope that just means more powder for me tomorrow, assuming they get them open!

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  Something good is coming tomorrow, but I don’t know exactly what......
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
JTG4eva! wrote
Well, Mineral and Cloud didn’t open today.  I hope that just means more powder for me tomorrow, assuming they get them open!

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.  Something good is coming tomorrow, but I don’t know exactly what......
Hope so.  For Mineral Basin, the reason for being completely closed can be low visibility as well as avy work.  Can also mean Road to Provo is closed even when Little Cloud is running.

Forecast says 3-7 inches overnight!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Tiger tail - always good for surprises
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I guess I should move the latest stuff into a trip report.....