5 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Solitude 1/31/14

Z
This post was updated on .
During our quarterly business review meetings we usually do some type of team building event like going to a ball game, a city tour, etc.  This time my boss scheduled a meeting in SLC and gave us the option of skiing on Friday or flying home.  I was put in charge of planning this and with a diverse group that included a first time skier, a Nordic, some blue skiers, a boarder, a guy that grew up in the Alps but had not skied much anymore, my boss who gas a condo in Tahoe and myself.   I picked Solitude.  It was a good choice as it had plenty for everyone.

We got the newbie in a lesson and the nord went snow shoeing.

It had snowed 10" on Thursday so there was some soft stuff if you looked for it.  We started out getting some groomers to get everyone warmed up and after 3 runs I slowly ramped the terrian up.  Once we got into easier off trail blacks some guys decided they would rather stay on groomed runs so we split up.  The better skier then headed out a gate from the Powderhorn lift and after some nice Powder we got ourselves cliffed out and had to route find to get down to the Summit lift.  One of the guys may have had a underwear check moment in there.

They had just finished bombing the Honeycomb Canyon and we hit the hike which was full of Avalanche debris which was tiring.   I went out the farther than the others and got this nice run thru the best snow I had the best run of year by far.

One of our group who was pushing his limits of skiing and cardio being there got to close to a tree well and I got a shot of him with a stick coming out of his hat and it looked like the tree won.

We regrouped with everyone for a nice lunch in the village and then headed back out as a group in the afternoon.  By 2 pm it was just my boss and I hitting the double blacks and we skied some great terrain until we had the meet the group for beers at 3:45.

Great day with my co workers and we had some good team building with skiing

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Solitude 1/31/14

Z
For some reason my iPad wants to repost photos multiple times.  But if I email them from my iPhone to my windows lap top it posts them upside down

Here are the rest of the photos

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The after effects of the close encounter with a tree well.  Note the stick coming out of his hat.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
For some reason at this time photos taken with an iPhone are all given the same name:

image.jpg

The gerbil powered forum can't handle this and will take several different photos with the same name and make them the same.

If you want to post multiple photos from an iPhone, you've got to give each one unique names:

image-1.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-3-jpg

etc,

The upside down thing I don't get. I'm never careful with right ride up/up side down with my droid and it always works. Not sure why. That also seems to be an iPhone thing.

Back on topic... Coach as you know you had awesome timing!  "Bad" skiing before you got there and more high pressure in the future?

Even Admin on FTO only has like 40 days in.

Nice pics!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Coach:  very nice.... Thanks for sharing.

Harv:  aha - now I know how to post multiple pics from my iPhone! Thanks.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.