classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Song Mountain Conditions

Big D
This post was updated on .
Cornhead and I are season passholders at Greek Peak. We skied at Greek on Saturday 3/25/17. There was light rain on and off but the base was holding up. Then we found out that Greek closed for the season Sat. 3/25 at 5pm.

I checked Song Mountains website to see if they were going to be open on Sunday 3/26/17 and they were and it was stated that if you had a Greek Peak/Toggenburg seasons pass you could buy a lift ticket for $10. (regular price for Sun. 3/26 was $39).

Skiing was good with several trails open with decent coverage. No rain when we skied 10:30 am to 3 pm. Nice soft spring conditions. Ate in the cafeteria and the pizza and fries were good. A PBR pounder was $3.75 at the bar.

a couple of pics:
our $10 lift tickets read Greek/Togg refugee

Cornhead on Ottos Folly a black diamond bump run

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Song Mountain

onscott
Nice!  They seemed to have the best conditions all year of the local places.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
When you get off the triple chair at Song Mtn. and look off in the distance to skiers right, there appears to be one of the finger lakes. The lake in view must be either Otisco lake or Skaneateles lake... Does anyone know which lake is in this Pic?

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Big D wrote
When you get off the triple chair at Song Mtn. and look off in the distance to skiers right, there appears to be one of the finger lakes. The lake in view must be either Otisco lake or Skaneateles lake... Does anyone know which lake is in this Pic?

Otisco. It's right up a valley from Song, whereas to get to Skaneateles you'd be going over terrain that is at a similar height as the top of Song.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Song was open 10 to 5 on Thurs. 3/30/17. I took advantage of the $10 ticket for Greek Peak- Toggenburg season ticket holders. No rain, decent skiing on about 6 trails. (I live 34 miles form Greek Peak and 52 miles to Song Mountain.)

Got a pic of Otisco Lake. A little research, determined that there is good fishing there.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good fishing right in Song Lake as well but don't tell anybody.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Heard a rumor that they are replacing the old T-bar between Otto's Folly and Jupiter with a triple chair for this season. Supposedly it was in their pass holder flyer but I didn't get it nor have I seen it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
As some of you know, Song Mountain was open last weekend, and they tentatively wanted to open this weekend, as well. As of yesterday, there was plenty of snow on some of the trails, but the base area was wiped out. They considered moving some snow this morning, but it just wasn't going to happen.

I give them credit for truly giving it a try. It's great for marketing when you are the last ski area in the region to close, and folks come from other areas for $10 lift tickets.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Song Mountain is a great little place (near Syracuse) that always seems to have the best conditions in the area - no doubt their north-facing location helps.  I would like to see them thin out their trees - would make for some awesome glade skiing!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
If you want to organize a glade clearing day with management we could help you promote it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp