55 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Southern Vermont Ski Advice

Noah John
Harvey wrote
Hot tube!
He can catch that classic if he can get around those damn parental controls.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
My dad always tells me "end your day, not your season".  I have not sustained a season ending injury and I intend to keep it that way.  Still nothing stops me from skiing bell to bell.
Your dad is a wise man. I used to say that too. I skied for almost two dozen years completely injury free. Then the seal was broken and I've spent quite a few months on the D/L ever since.

Good on ya for going after it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
snoloco wrote
I always ski bell to bell
I always skied right up until last chair when I was younger.  It seemed like such a waste to stop skiing when the chair was still spinning.  That didn't change until I started getting season passes 20 or so years ago.  Come to think of it, maybe it hasn't changed all that much.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
This post was updated on .
This may throw a wrench into my plans.  Look at the size of that lift line.  The lift pictured is the South Face Express which is supposed to be the lift with the short line.  If this is the short line, then I can't imagine what the long line is.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
snoloco wrote
This may throw a wrench into my plans.  Look at the size of that lift line.  The lift pictured is the South Face Express which is supposed to be the lift with the short line.  If this is the short line, then I can't imagine what the long line is.

Your skiing holidays... in Vermont.  Pretty much what is going to happen.  I did MLK one year at Okemo because I had family in town... worst decision I ever made.  Ended up spending the second day of their trip at Gore instead.  The only holiday I have skied and somewhat avoided the lines was tues-thurs of president week at Stratton.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Footer wrote
I did MLK one year at Okemo...  ended up spending the second day of their trip at Gore instead.
So you drove over from lodging at Okemo to ski Gore?

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Just figured out the lodging price.  Wait for it........................................................................................$685 a night.  I thought it would be expensive, but not this expensive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Footer wrote
I did MLK one year at Okemo...  ended up spending the second day of their trip at Gore instead.
So you drove over from lodging at Okemo to ski Gore?

Hells no.  My brother was in town and wanted to do some skiing. I was rather new to the area.  We hit Okemo on Sunday of MLK (little over an hour and a half from Saratoga) because I had heard good things.  We left our second day open... with the possibility of driving back or hitting another VT mt.  After one day at Okemo, I knew Gore would not be as bad.  At the time I had only skied there once.  So, we drove up to Gore the next day on MLK day.  Only line was at the Gondola... and it was very short.  Since I'm on my 3rd season pass at Gore and have never looked back.  You want skis on snow time, there is no mountain like Gore.  Hell, today it was weird to go and see bike rack up at the gondola and ropes at straight brook.  
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
After seeing the lodging price we have decided to go to Killington and Pico instead.  If I wanted to spend that kind of money that I would have at Okemo, I would go out to Colorado for a better ski experience.  $685 a night in Vermont is nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
snoloco wrote
  If I wanted to spend that kind of money that I would have at Okemo, I would go out to Colorado for a better ski experience.  $685 a night in Vermont is nuts.

Now you're learning.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Tell me why again you are going to Vermont?  
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
tjf1967 wrote
And asking for advice on nyskiblog.com?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Noah John wrote
tjf1967 wrote
And asking for advice on nyskiblog.com?
To give you two something to complain about.  
Reply | Threaded
|

WNY-ADK Skier
snoloco wrote
After seeing the lodging price we have decided to go to Killington and Pico instead.  If I wanted to spend that kind of money that I would have at Okemo, I would go out to Colorado for a better ski experience.  $685 a night in Vermont is nuts.
Good call. There is no comparison between Kton and Okemo.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
We had a successful trip to Pico and Killington.  I have posted trip reports for the two days.

This one is from Pico
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Pico-Mountain-Vermont-2-15-14-td4036975.html

And this one is from Killington
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Killington-Vermont-2-16-14-td4036990.html

I told my dad that we should make it a tradition to hit a new mountain every year.  He loved the idea and we are hitting Stratton this Sunday 2/23.  I plan to post a trip report.