classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Speed

Brownski
campgottagopee wrote
Buddy of mine who's on here from time to time but primarily in the winter as he's a golf pro. His handle is pro2860.

I'll wait until he sees this before telling the story -- it's a hoot.

I think anyone who has skied long enough has at least a few stories regarding getting off the lift. In terms of hitting hard, one of the worst falls I've taken was a result of getting boot buckles tangled up with a chair mate. Holy shit did I hit hard!!!
I think a ski-lift-load-unload-failure thread is in order here. I think everybody's got a few stories. Having spent a season as a lift-op, I have more then my share. For that matter, I think we need  an "Am I in the back seat?" Where we post a pic or video and the instructors here can analyze our technique. Also, I still like the idea of an "Am I core, son?" thread as well.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Brownski wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Buddy of mine who's on here from time to time but primarily in the winter as he's a golf pro. His handle is pro2860.

I'll wait until he sees this before telling the story -- it's a hoot.

I think anyone who has skied long enough has at least a few stories regarding getting off the lift. In terms of hitting hard, one of the worst falls I've taken was a result of getting boot buckles tangled up with a chair mate. Holy shit did I hit hard!!!
I think a ski-lift-load-unload-failure thread is in order here. I think everybody's got a few stories. Having spent a season as a lift-op, I have more then my share. For that matter, I think we need  an "Am I in the back seat?" Where we post a pic or video and the instructors here can analyze our technique. Also, I still like the idea of an "Am I core, son?" thread as well.
Those are really good ideas...your ideas so you do the honors. Get folks discussing skiing in the off season.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I am core.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
I once got my backpack waste belt caught up in the chair and got dragged behind it around the bull wheel.....in my patrol jacket. Ouch! I bought several pitchers that night.
I learned that lesson as well - got a loose compression strap buckle caught in the slates and road the bull wheel.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.