Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Spring Trip across the Pond to Stowe and Jay

Z
This post was updated on .
DackerDan wrote
Coach Z wrote
We should have a Nyskiblog weekend at Jay.  Maybe we can get a group discount.  Do it next season in the spring once the race season is over for NYSEF.
I think a get together is a good idea, may help to make the forum seem a little less cliquish.
However this is the "NY" skiblog, so going to Vt may not be appropriate, maybe a small hill in NY that not to many have visited before.
We all have our own mountains and many of us have responsibilities at said Mt that would prevent us from really getting to enjoy a get together.  We would have to plan this well in advance and it would need to be late season making a smaller Dak's venue iffy and Jay is the more realiable place for snow within reasonable driving distance.  Sugarloaf would be fun but we could be in Colorado or Utah faster than the drive there.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Coach Z wrote
We all have our own mountiains and many of us have responsibilities at said Mt that would prevent us from really getting to enjoy a get together.  We would have to plan this well in advance and it would need to be late season making a smaller Dak's venue iffy and Jay is the more realiable place for snow within reasonable driving distance.  Sugarloaf would be fun but we could be in Colorado or Utah faster than the drive there.
Indeed we do but I believe you and I are in the minority. NYSEF & Patrol keeps me pinned down but I don't feel the time or the venue for a gathering should be dictated by my schedule, rather by what is most convenient for those that would like to put faces with handles.  Maybe a gathering this summer would make more sense.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This is a great TR from top to bottom. Thanks everyone for posting.

Coach Z wrote
...Jay is the more realiable place for snow within reasonable driving distance...
Coach if I lived where you did I'd be day tripping Jay and Smuggs often.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp