classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

St Patty's Weekend - Greek & Blue

gorgonzola
This post was updated on .
tough acts to follow around here with all the exotic trip reports but st pat's weekend is always a beautiful consummation (haha spell checked "consumption"!) of two of my favorite sports!

Headed up to Greek Friday night with the fam, pretty psyched after reading big d's Friday report. A fresh coat and Greeks groomers didn't disappoint Saturday morning, maybe some of the best grooming I've seen at Greek. A run or two in and the guys on the chair in front of my son and I turn around and shout Gorgonzola!? None other than Cornhead and Big D, Great meeting you guys! A run or so later A18 tom skis up to us while were trying to figure out mrs snobunski's new iphone cam and asks the same cheesy question - gorgonzola? the family is starting  to worry about me  Sun and flurry's and smooth fast snow made for a great day, ski'd openings til 3 or so, probably our last ski day for the season at Greek. cheers to hoping for good things to come for the mountain this week

After another overnight dusting i would've loved to stick around this morning to catch a run to two with camp and crew but my son had a mogul/freeride jam back at blue mt at 11 so we boogied out around 7:30 to get him registerered and on the mt. Ended up refilling the pack  a few times with some tinnies and guinnny's for comp and pond skim  Stashed  a few more along a bump run with a buddy, made a few stops at the "main st saloon" before the troughs iced up and we gave up on any afternoon sun to soften things up. Finished up hangin' at the summit to take advantage of the Murphy's special.  A wegmans stop for some take out corned beef and cabbage topped off the wings and bacon cheeseburger meat fest weekend as I head into (orthodox) lent

A Great weekend skiing and sipping with family and friends to start winding down the season!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: St Patty's Weekend - Greek & Blue

Cornhead
Great to meet you! Wish we could have shared some turns, some other time. Amazing what a few inches of fresh snow can do. I could have sworn I was at Elk, the grooming was that good, kudos to the grooming crew, they must have put the bottle down.  Even the ungroomed trails were great, skier's right on Fields did not suck, and the right side of Mars was awesome down to the crossover. Big D and I were waiting at the closed signs for the patroller to pass us by on the lift. A skier skied by us saying, "Don't be bad boys and ski on any closed trails", he passed right beneath the patroller on the lift. On the way up we saw him being scolded. Snapped a few pics of Mars.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sorry to have missed you G

sunday was super spectacular---mid winter condtions---woods were even in play

snow for tonight --- tomorrow is gonna rock

pond skimming on St Pday

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Nice pics ch! Camp did they open Ronnie's Sunday? We did a few runs through there Saturday and they weren't bad, have seen them open with less snow than that...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Define "open".....lol, kinda glad they didn't.

Pro just reminded me no night skiing.....it's gonna b good
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
I was there on Sunday from 12:30 til 6:00 pm.
About 15 participants in the Pond Skimming (There was one female partaking this year). Participants got to do it twice. Cornhead could have made it across with his wider Volkl Mantra's... you just get up some decent speed, lean back a little bring your tips up and glide across the water - like water skis... I think.
(PS: I heard the motor on lift 1A is mostly worn out - so they will probably run lift 1 the rest of the season).

Here are some Pond skimming pics:

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Couple more pics:

Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Think they have enough cover to still be open next Friday?
I am coming up last chance to get out with the girls?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
northerncajun wrote
Think they have enough cover to still be open next Friday?
I am coming up last chance to get out with the girls?
Yes, it's wall to wall snow---winter all this week, with flurries eveyday---GP is open until April 7th

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
hmmm the 7th ehhh? migh swing that
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
hmmm the 7th ehhh? migh swing that
Yep, that's the last day----we'll B going BIG
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Great to hear things are going well back home at Greek Peak! What's the buzz about the new owners?