classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stevens Pass, WA 03/08/2017

nepa
This post was updated on .
Snow down to the valley floor signaled dry snow at the pass.  

Once the initial frenzy of local Powder Whores thinned out, we found effortless, wide open, untracked lines for about 75 minutes (4 hot laps on Southern Cross).  The rest of the day yielded soft floatacious turns pretty much everywhere on the mountain.  Definitely a good day to take the rockered fatties for a ride.  It stayed cold, visibility was good, and it snowed throughout the day

The website reported 6-8 overnight and 10-12 in the past 24... in many spots, it felt like more.

Great day all over the mountain

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stevens Pass, WA 03/08/2017

JTG4eva!
Nice, looks great!

With freezing levels not dropping below 6k much into next week the next few storms don't look to be as friendly......hopefully March still has another shot of cold and snow later in the month!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Your reports are seriously selling me on the PNW Nepa. You have a lot going on out there.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
@JTG there is so much snow that even if it's not Pow, it will be hard not to have fun.

Brownski wrote
Your reports are seriously selling me on the PNW Nepa. You have a lot going on out there.
Was out with 3 groms that were probably about the same age as your boys... Stevens is definitely a great place for kids.  There is challenging, yet forgiving terrain all over the mountain.  If you ever plan a visit, let me know... I'd be glad to help out.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
No doubt!  I've been spoiled by pow in the backcountry but soft springlike conditions would be a blast.  Hope we don't hit some crusty, manky middle ground but it'll be fun to show my brother around Crystal.  A lot to fit into that weekend on top of the skiing, what with the Dirtbag Ball, some shopping, a little gambling.  A trip to WA won't disappoint!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Nice pix, especially the last one!