Still some skiing out there (xc)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Still some skiing out there (xc)

Peter Minde
I know most people on the forum are alpine skiers.  But if you've got a pair of skinny skis, are jonesing to get out, and nearby to any of these places:

https://xcski.org/2020/03/some-ski-areas-remain-open/

I'm not local to any of these places, and I'm not driving 300 m miles to ski right now.  Be safe everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Still some skiing out there (xc)

Harvey
Administrator
We got about 10 inches up on our land yesterday, and I know our trails would be skiable. It pains me to miss out on the opportunity to ski it.

Peter, you and I keep saying we'll ski together, but it hasn't happened. We were so close the night you crashed on our floor, but it was late and you had a big race in the morning. Let's make it happen next year.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Harvey wrote
We got about 10 inches up on our land yesterday, and I know our trails would be skiable. It pains me to miss out on the opportunity to ski it.

Peter, you and I keep saying we'll ski together, but it hasn't happened. We were so close the night you crashed on our floor, but it was late and you had a big race in the morning. Let's make it happen next year.
I'm down with that.  When this blows over, I have to shop for some backcountry oriented gear.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
After about 4"s fresh I got out for some low angle BC skiing last evening. Excellent. Solo of course and careful to stay off anything that could have caused a fall. Love the longer days.