Still some skiing out there (xc)

4 messages Options
Peter Minde Peter Minde
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Still some skiing out there (xc)

I know most people on the forum are alpine skiers.  But if you've got a pair of skinny skis, are jonesing to get out, and nearby to any of these places:

https://xcski.org/2020/03/some-ski-areas-remain-open/

I'm not local to any of these places, and I'm not driving 300 m miles to ski right now.  Be safe everyone.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Still some skiing out there (xc)

We got about 10 inches up on our land yesterday, and I know our trails would be skiable. It pains me to miss out on the opportunity to ski it.

Peter, you and I keep saying we'll ski together, but it hasn't happened. We were so close the night you crashed on our floor, but it was late and you had a big race in the morning. Let's make it happen next year.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Peter Minde Peter Minde
Reply |

Harvey wrote
We got about 10 inches up on our land yesterday, and I know our trails would be skiable. It pains me to miss out on the opportunity to ski it.

Peter, you and I keep saying we'll ski together, but it hasn't happened. We were so close the night you crashed on our floor, but it was late and you had a big race in the morning. Let's make it happen next year.
I'm down with that.  When this blows over, I have to shop for some backcountry oriented gear.
endoftheline endoftheline
Reply |

After about 4"s fresh I got out for some low angle BC skiing last evening. Excellent. Solo of course and careful to stay off anything that could have caused a fall. Love the longer days.