Re: Storm Speculation: 12/25/10

he's right, the Euro is massive.....

970 low off Atlantic City...to insane to comprehend
"Peace and Love"
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

As insane as the Euro has been, I don't believe it. I know a few of you are say what the @*#*# are you thinking.

The GFS is locked on to   keeping the low a million miles off shore .The GFS did a good job with the last system ,once it locked on to keeping off shore too.. So I'm going out on a limb with this one , and predicting a NON event for the NE.. Of course things can change since it's still 5 days out. So as of today that's my take on things..

I welcome all comments and criticism..
"Peace and Love"
sudsnbumps sudsnbumps
Reply |

There are so many differing models pointing in so many different directions it is like a horse race...pick one and hope it wins.  I don't have much confidence but I hope the Euro wins...and it has it slowing it down too so I can catch a bit of the pow when I get back to Gore on the 28th.  I am looking at the GFS MRF on Unisys and hope it's wrong otherwise we will be wearing shorts on New Years.  Speaking of too far out....

NWS Albany Disc "THE ECMWF...WHICH HAS A SOLUTION THAT WOULD RESULT IN A SIGNIFICANT
SNOWFALL FOR THE AREA."
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

long range is ugly...
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

While I certainly hope it stays cold (forever), should be interesting to see if Accuweather's Call from early November verifies.

Does anybody remember exactly when it got cold?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

update 12/23
more and more this is looking like a NON event for the mountains....the beach's might get a few flakes
"Peace and Love"
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

update 12/24

I wish I had better news. The storm still stays out to sea. Northern Maine might see some accumulation and we will have have a stiff northerly wind, for Monday and Tuesday..

Unfortunately things might get really UGLY for New Years weekend...

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/06/images/gfs_slp_204m.gif
"Peace and Love"
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Update 12/24
Wow the 12z GFS made a move to the west and so did the 18z NAM. What does this mean for the mountains? Unfortunately not much, especially the ADK's. The Greens and Whites and Maine might fair better. It is still to far to the east. NYC and Boston might have some shoveling to do.

If this is the track, big if. Backlash in the Greens and Whites might be significant.

One final note the Euro (ECMWF) move the low further to the east. I'm sure this isn't finished yet.
Also a gully washer is on tap for latter in the period...
"Peace and Love"
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Re: Storm Speculation: 12/26/10

I might have egg on my face...big time....big shift to the west..could be a massive event for the catskills and new england..maybe event the ADK's...more later going skiing
"Peace and Love"
sudsnbumps sudsnbumps
Reply |

Re: Storm Speculation: 12/26/10

The GFS is the furthest west and so far not far enough for the ADKs but you are going to get a good dump in the Catskills
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back