Storm Speculation: 3/19/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Storm Speculation: 3/19/13

warp daddy
Just plowed 6 inches , still snowing here along the St Lawrence . We'll be out there skiing thurs and friday !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

BenedictGomez
Was hoping there would be a lot more "I got X inches so far" posts from all you folks who live in the Cats and DAX.

You're all disappointing me this morning!
Can we get SOME snow?  Please?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
BenedictGomez wrote
Was hoping there would be a lot more "I got X inches so far" posts from all you folks who live in the Cats and DAX.

You're all disappointing me this morning!
We have at least 6 inches in saratoga and it is dumping right now.  All schools in the area are cancelled.  It started about 8 or 9pm last night and has come in waves.  I am sure it will be awesome today - and tomorrow - and all week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
So maybe I was a bit conservative.  Here's a shot of our patio table.  Usually a good indicator as it is protected from wind.  Probably 12-15".  Its dense snow but by no means "cement" IMO.  Its good east coast POW.  Good for cover as opposed to the blower pow we got on Friday night.  You won't have to be worried about what you might hit beneath with this stuff and its not gonna get pushed around.  Still snowing pretty good here.  Hopefully the optimists (single chair weather blog, lionel, etc) are right and this thing gets re-organized this afternoon and keeps on giving.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Nothing cementy about it.  Hands down best day of the year, no crowd, freshies all day- started cranking again at 10:30.

Glad ya'll stayed home and stared at the weather maps
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.